Happy Thursday my friends! Today I have a fun surprise slider card using Honey Bee Stamps Pumpkin Patch, The Name's Jack, and FaBOOlous Sentiments. This is the first surprise slider card I've ever made and I really had fun with it!
And the fun part when the tab is pulled up!
Let's create the fun elements of the card:
- Using a 4" x 5-¼" piece of white card stock, the cloud stencil from the Outdoor Scene Builder stencil set, and Background Blender brushes, blend Distress Oxide Inks to create the clouds. I used Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, and Black Soot.
- Use a ½" circle die to cut a half circle from the center of the top edge. Save the die cut half circle and stamp "pull" on it with clear embossing ink, add white embossing powder and heat set. You will find "pull" and many other great interactive sentiments in the One-Of-A-Kind stamp set.
- Die cut some bats from the Haunted House Add On die set using glitter card stock.
- Die cut green card stock with the Grass Border Honey Cut. Stamp the sentiment from the FaBOOlous Sentiments set in Versamark, add black embossing powder, and heat set.
- Stamp pumpkins, leaves and vines from the Pumpkin Patch set. Use the Pumpkin Patch stencil and Distress Oxide Inks to color them. I used a Blender Brush and Crackling Campfire, Carved Pumpkin, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks. I used the jack-o-lantern faces from The Name's Jack and stamped them onto the pumpkins with black ink. Die cut them with the coordinating dies.
- Die cut the ghost from The Name's Jack die set. Stamp a ghost face stamp from the coordinating stamp set in black ink. Die cut two of the little arms and add glue just to the top edge.
Before I worked on the slider portion, I needed to get my pumpkins arranged to make sure they would cover the ghost in its hidden position. When I had them arranged, I put a piece of Press N Seal over them, flipped it over, and used the Bee Cre ative glue to adhere them where they overlapped. Trim any pieces that overlap the 4" base.
To create the slider channel, I used my craft knife and cut a 3/8" channel in the cloud base. (I did some researching on Pinterest and YouTube for ways to do this.) If you have Honey Bee's Straight Interactive Slider dies, this would be very easy! (This set is in my wish list!)
I die cut two ½" circles with a die from my stash. Add a round foam circle to one die cut circle, place it under the channel, and adhere the other circle on top.
Sit your pumpkin scene on the cloud layer (without adhering) and decide where the ghost needs to be so it will be hidden behind the pumpkins with the pull strip down. Adhere the ghost to the top die cut circle.
Cut a ¾" x 4" strip of white card stock and adhere an end of it to the circle on the back. Trim any extra even with the top of the card layer. Add foam tape on either side of the strip to keep it steady when pulling up.
Pull the strip up and stamp EEK, from the FaBOOlous Sentiments set, in black ink.
Stamp BOO on black card stock with Versamark, add white embossing powder and heat set. Trim it to a rectangle shape and adhere under the ghost's arm.
Adhere the half circle that says "pull" to the top of the strip.
Add foam tape around the edges of the cloud layer and secure it to a top folding black A2 card base.
I finished it up by adhering the bats and adding Glossy Accents to the eyes and mouths of the pumpkins and ghost.