Hello friends! Today I've added a twist to using layering stamps by embossing the final layer! I've used Rubbernecker Stamps' beautiful Autumn Harvest stamp set for my slimline card today!
Here are the steps for my autumn card:
- I began by centering one of the Slimline Nested Stitch dies (the second largest) in the middle of the Slimline Deckle Die. Use tape to keep them together.
- Trace a pencil line around the inside of the rectangle. (see photo) Be sure to keep them together as we will use them later for die cutting.
- I roughly planned where the branches would go, using the pencil line as my guide, so I would know where to stamp my sentiment. See photo above.
- Next I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and added copper embossing powder, then heat set it. I repeated this step to get a more dimensional look.
- Stamp the base layers of the stamps in Mocha ink from the Color Fuse Set #3. I placed the branches randomly, here and there, using the sentiment and pencil line as my guide.
- Position the second layer of the branches. For this layer I used a variety of inks. I used Mango, Citrus, and Apricot on the different branches. The included layering guide makes this very easy!
- For the final layer, instead of stamping it with inks, I used embossing powder.
- Make sure all of the inked layers are dry! Use your anti-static bag, then stamp the third layer with Versamark ink. I used embossing powders I had in my stash. One was WOW copper and the other BEE Sweet, a golden yellow shade (and on sale now). Heat set the powders with your heat tool.
- Now use the two taped together dies and line the pencil line up with the inside of the rectangle die. Run it through your die cutting machine. Be sure to erase your pencil line!
- I added foam tape to the back of the rectangle piece.
- I centered it onto a coordinating card base and adhered it. The card base is from The Paper Cut's Festive Variety Scored Slimline Cards pack.
- I added liquid glue to the deckled frame and adhered it around the rectangle.
- To finish it up I added some coordinating sequins from my stash. I never can have too much bling! Haha!
I loved adding the embossed layer to this card, and I hope I've inspired you to give it a try. Have a wonderful and crafty week!