Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Copic Coloring Woodland Animals #3 | Rubbnecker Stamps

Hello friends!  Today I have a sweet card using Rubbernecker Stamps new, and so adorable, Woodland Animals #3 stamps and coordinating dies. The stamp set has stamps that let you build your tree and shrubs in just about any shape you'd like!


Here are the steps for my card:
  • I used Copic safe ink for all of my stamping.
  • Stamp one of the branches first.  Then ink up just the top half of this branch and stamp it again to extend the branch.  I used a black Micron pen to draw links to join the pieces.
  • Stamp the bottom of the same trunk onto masking paper.  Fussy cut it out and adhere it to the stamped image.
  • Stamp the tree trunk.  There's only one stamp for the trunk so I just flipped it around to stamp the other side.
  • Mask off the bottom of the tree trunk and stamp the shrubs.  There are four different tree/shrub stamps that you can use however you like.
  • Next I stamped the the shape for the tree.  All of the black lines you see in the tree top are stamped images.  How fun is that?!!
  • Stamp a few of the flowers at the bottom.
  • I colored the tree, shrubs and flowers next.  I used spots of color to create my textured look.  Just start dabbing your darkest shade wherever you want the shadows.  Use lighter shades as you get to the outside edges.  I've listed all of my Copic marker colors below for your reference.
  • When the blue sky is dry, stamp the sentiment from the awesome new Kittie Says Friends set in Versafine Onyx Black ink.
  • Die cut the panel with the next to largest Nested Rectangle Small Stitch die.
  • For a little extra detail, I embossed the largest Nested Rectangle die onto my A2 card base front.  Just use the embossing sandwich for your machine.
  • Add foam tape to the Copic colored panel and adhere to the card base.
  • Stamp the bear, owl, and bees on a separate piece of white card stock and color with Copics.
  • Die cut them out with the coordinating dies.  (I LOVE having dies to cut out these cuties!)
  • Add some foam squares to the pieces and pop them up on the card front.

This scene was SO fun to create!  The Woodland Animal Sets are so adorable and fun to use.  I'll definitely be using these a lot!  Thank you very much for stopping by!

Copic markers:
tree and bushes: YG67, YG17, YG25, YG23, YG01, E97, YR27
owl: W7, W5, W3, W1
tree trunk: E18, E17, E15
bear: E27, E25, E23, E13, E11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.