Friday, September 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas Blog Hop - September 2020

 Welcome back to the monthly Keeping Christmas blog hop!  Have you started your holiday cards?  Just a reminder that it's only three months until Christmas!


I was so happy to finally get to use this ADORABLE set called Holly Bird from Waffle Flowers!  I love birds, and bird stamps, and snapped this one up as soon as it was released!  What is cuter than a sweet bird holding a warm cup of coffee or hot chocolate?!!


I began by stamping the bird with InkOn3 Fadeout No-line Coloring detail ink.  I'm trying to practice no line coloring as often as I can.  If you haven't seen this stamp, it stamps the the hexagon and the bird all together.  The coordinating die cuts out just the bird.

I colored just the bird with my Copics, then die cut it.  I used my B39 Copic to color the white border that die cuts usually leave.  I stamped another image with InkOn3 Blackout Detail Ink (which is Copic safe and stamps nice and dark images).  I used some blue Copics to color just the background.  It was super easy as I used my paper trimmer to cut the hexagon shape and popped up the colored bird image over it.


For the card base, I started with a top folding A2 card.  I added a coordinating blue layer cut to 4" x 5-¼".  I used one of my most favorite EVER embossing folders--Sizzix 3-D Winter Snowflakes for the next layer.  I adhered the bird to the card.

Next I added Glossy Accents to the coffee/hot chocolate and berries.  Then I used a .08 white Jelly Roll pen to add snowflake dots and a clear sparkle pen to add shimmer to the hat and more dots to the background.  I wish it was easier to capture all the shimmer in a photo!

I colored a scrap of white card stock with the same dark blue Copic (B39).  When it was dry, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark, added white embossing powder and heat set it.  I used a Sentiment Banners die to do partial die cutting to the length I wanted and popped it up with small foam squares.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out these talented designers in the list below for what I know will be some wonderful inspiration!


Kelly Lunceford (Creator)

Claire Broadwater

Lori Tecler

Nance Salkeld

Nina Forsyth

Marybeth Lopez

Nancy Penir

Carol Hintermeier <--that's me :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow Carol, you are an amazing colorist! Your beautiful bird and backgrounds are surely a labor of love and turned out perfect. I looked back on a few of your older posts and they’re just as beautiful! I’m so glad I joined the hop today and want to extend my thanks. Every designer in your group has me in inspiration over- drive. I hope you have a great day! 😊🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! Your coloring is AMAZING!😍😍😍 I love the colors and texture you've used on this stunning card!❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is wonderful, Carol! I haven't seen the use of this embossing folder. It looks gorgeous! you use special white card stock? It looks pearly. Wonderful inspiration. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, this little guy is colored so beautifully and so adorably festive! Cuteness overload, I am so in awe of your talent. I love that sizzix folder too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable Carol, I love the colours and that festive little bird is delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.