Hello friends! It's week two of Art Impressions Interactive Card challenge! My card today features the new to the Ai shop Workout Gal Wheelie!
Working out, putting on makeup, and a glass of wine--sounds like a fabulous work out, right?!! This is such a fun card and the wheel actually turns with a tab on the inside of the card! I couldn't decide on what colors to use, so I looked through my pattern paper packs and found one that had some colors I thought would work. Do you ever do that?
To get started, I stamped all the images with a Copic safe ink and colored all the pieces and parts. I've listed my marker colors below. Die cut the extra pieces with the included dies. I followed the directions on the package and also watched THIS
video where Kate shows exactly how to put this together. I'm such a visual learner and found the video very helpful!
Here are photos of a few of my steps. Click on the photo to see it larger. Starting with the top left photo, the description is:
- After positioning the layer beneath the stamped image, trace the circle that was die cut in the wheel.
- Tape the ¼" die onto the aqua layer, centering over the pencil line and die cut. Also, I don't have round foam dots so I took a square one, taped the die on it and die cut a circle!
- I added some thin foam tape to the back of the stamped panel for some dimension, then adhered it to the aqua layer
- After I layered the patterned paper and aqua layer and then adhered it to the card base, I again traced the circle opening. Then use the circle die to cut the opening.
- This last photo shows how the foam dot I die cut fits perfectly in the opening! To finished with the turning tab, just follow the package directions.
When I was adding the included white brads, I didn't care for the white showing so much. I took a coordinating Copic marker and colored it so it blends in some. Much better I think!
For the sentiment, I stamped it and then cut it out with one of the Flag Double Stitched dies. I cut it twice more with coordinating paper from the paper pad. I used the Tiny Attacher to staple them together. I also, very carefully, colored the staple with a pink Copic. Finally, I added Diamond Glaze to her sunglasses and wine glass.
I hope you will join in our Interactive Card challenge! Click HERE
to go to Art Impressions blog for the details. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Clothing/towel: RV11, RV32, RV34, BG11, BG32, BG34, BG49, C0, C0, C01, C03, 0
Skin/makeup: BG01, R11, R20, RV04, RV13, E000, E00, E13
Hair: E33, E39, E99
Bicycle: BG49, BG34, C3, C5, C7
Wine glass: R37, R39, C0, C1
Wheel: C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, BG34, BG32