Hi my friends! Today I have a birthday card using several of Honey Bee Stamps' new stamps and dies. I love Honey Bee's cover plate dies and the Garden Lattice Cover Plates are so beautiful!! This sentiment from Sip Sip Hooray is so funny! Keep reading to see the inside of card to see what I mean!
The most complicated part of this card is creating the card base, so I have the steps and a couple of photos to explain how to make this. (All supply links are below.)
- Die cut some 80# Neenah Solar White card stock with the Garden Lattice Base and Top cover plates.
- Next I used a nesting circle die from my stash to die cut the circles in the Garden Lattice cover plate pieces.
- I die cut the top layer first, then positioned this over the base layer and drew a pencil line on the base layer. Die cut the circle from the base and repeat for your A2 top-folding card base.
- Adhere the Garden Lattices to the card base, lining up the circle openings.
- Next I die cut white card stock with the Circle Thin Frames die. I picked two circles to fit over the openings of the card front and adhered them together with 1/8" Scor-Tape and attach to the card front.
- I used a scrap piece of card stock that just fit the circles of the Circle Thin Frames that I chose and die cut those again. Adhere together in the same way and use on the inside of the card front for a finished look.
Next I worked on the layer inside the card.
- I didn't, but you could go ahead and die cut some card stock with the largest A2 Double Stitched Frames die. (I just didn't think about it at the time. Haha!)
- Now for the stenciling. I used the Circle Spotlight stencils and positioned one with the card stock in my MISTI.
- Next I created some masks with some full stick Post-It Notes so I could add the sand layer.
- First I used a Blending Brush to add some Antique Linen Distress Oxide.
- Now position the Sandy Shores background stamp and stamp it onto the sandy layer with Brushed Courduroy Distress Oxide.
- Now I repositioned the mask from the sand to cover it. I used Mermaid Lagoon and the Ocean Waves stencil to add the waves. (Tip: When you get this stencil, use your scissors to snip the various waves apart.)
- Next I covered the waves with a mask and added the sun and sky. I used Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxides.
Now for the other fun elements!
- I die cut the florals and greenery with the Topical Bouquets dies from colored card stock. I added shading to some pieces with Distress Oxide ink and a couple of Copic markers.
- Stamp and die cut the martini glass in the Raise A Glass stamp set and coordinating dies twice. I used the solid stamp to color in the glasses. I added some clear sparkle pen to add a bit of bling.
- Once I had these finished I adhered them to the card front and inside.
- I stamped the sentiments from the Sip Sip Hooray stamp set and die cut them with the coordinating dies. I popped up the one on the card front with foam and adhered the inside sentiment with glue.
- I LOVE these little lemons from the Lemon Drop sequin mix and just had to add them to my martinis!
Now I want to buy the ingredients for some Lemon Drop martinis! Haha! I sure hope that my instructions help explain how to make a card like this! If you have any questions, you can always use the "contact me" form in the left column. Thank you so much for stopping by!!
Distress Oxides: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Mermaid Lagoon, Tumbled Glass