Thursday, July 23, 2020

A Tropical Anniversary Card | Honey Bee Stamps

Happy Thursday my friends!  Raise your hand if you're loving the new Hello Summer release by Honey Bee Stamps!  I have SO many ideas for cards using the stamps and dies in the awesome release!  One of my ideas was to have a birdhouse for this tropical pair of lovebirds!  I used the Chick Coop Honey Cuts and the lovebirds from the new Birds of Paradise stamp set for my card today.


I began by creating my card base with the Chicken Coop die.  As you can see from the photo below, I placed the die on top of an A2 card base.  Make sure the top of the die extends above the fold line and use a pencil to trace around the outside of the die.  Next fussy cut along the pencil line.


While I had the Chicken Coop die out, and the die for the roof, I die cut a piece of patterned paper from the Hot Tropics paper pad.  (Save the door opening!)  I also die cut one more from white card stock.  Next I adhered the patterned paper coop to the white coop.  I adhered the roof and then the entire piece to the card base.  Now take the reserved door opening, flip it over the show the other pattern, and adhere it in the opening.

Before finishing the outside of the card, I stamped a sentiment inside using the stamps from Tropical Tweets.  I also stamped a few flowers from the Birds of Paradise set.



I stamped the birds from the Birds of Paradise set with Copic safe ink.  Taking my cue from nature, I colored the male birds much more colorful than the female.  The Copic markers I used for him are BG07, BG05, BG02, BG01, Y15, Y08, Y02, and Y00.  I used the Birds of Paradise Honey Cuts to die cut it out.

Now for the extras!  I die cut some flowers and greenery with a few dies from Tropical Bouquets Honey Cuts.  Since I used yellow and green card stock to die cut these, it was easy to add a few details with my Copic markers!  I used tools from the Flower Shaping Essentials Kit to add some shape and dimension to the flowers.  I stamped the sentiment from Tropical Tweets and die cut it with the coordinating Honey Cuts.


I adhered the branches and layered flower on the roof with liquid glue.  I added some foam tape to the back of the birds and adhered it in the birdhouse opening.  Next I adhered the palm fronds and flowers around the birds.  For a bit of bling, I added some gems from Hot Tropics Gem Stickers.


I hope you've enjoyed seeing my tropical birdhouse card today!  Thank yo so much for stopping by!


Copic markers:
bird on left:  BG07, BG05, BG02, BG01, Y15, Y08, Y02, Y00
bird on right: BG07, BG05, BG02, BG01, BG000

Supplies:

2 comments:

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.