Saturday, July 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas Blog Hop - July 2020

It's now only five months until Christmas and time for another Keeping Christmas blog hop!  Eeek, where does the time go?

For this month's cards, I've used Altnew's Holiday Bows stamp set and coordinating dies.  I've never used the poinsettia from this set and I'm glad I did because it was very easy to use and make three cards!


I wanted to used these two-layer stamps and coordinate them with these gold ovals I had saved from a previous project. The Oval Thin Frames die from Honey Bee Stamps die cuts a bunch of ovals in one pass that you can save for multiple projects!  I stamped the base layer in Altenew's Heart Beat ink and then stamped the second layer in Versamark clear embossing ink.  I sprinkled on some gold glitter embossing powder and heat set it.  I added some foam tape to the back of the poinsettias to pop them up.

For my card bases I scored some lines around the edges of the card front with a stylus and my scoring board.  Next I adhered the ovals.  I stamped the sentiments with Versafine Onyx black ink.  Two are listed below, but the Christmas Wishes sentiment is from an older Hero Arts kit.


I stamped the berry branches and greenery with the inks shown in my supply list below.  You probably know this tip, but after I arranged everything around the oval, I used a piece of Press 'N' Seal to pick them up.  It's now super easy to add glue to the back and flip it back over and adhere.

To finish the cards, I used a Gel  Roll gold metallic pen to add the dots.

 
I'm so happy to have three more cards to add to my Christmas card stash!!  If you missed any of the stops along the way, here is the hop list for you!  I know you will be so inspired by these awesome card designers!  Thank you so much for stopping by!



Supplies:
Ellen Hutson Mondo Holly stamp (Happiness & Cheer)
Concord & 9th O Christmas Tree stamp set (Merry Christmas

13 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous, Carol! Perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant! love the foil oval and those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY PRETTY!!! I LOVE flowers for Christmas Cards! You've created a LOVELY arrangement!!! A SUPER JOB, Carol!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas cards are just so elegant! I love the colors and the arrangement of the flowers and greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Carol, love the simple elegance and touches of gold. What a perfect set of cards to end the blog hop. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a spectacular Christmas card design, Carol! I'm pinning because I love every single thing about it! Thank you for the inspiration! Hugs, Darnell p.s. your link from the others in the hop isn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful. I like the different sentiments that you used on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! Love the poinsettias and greenery, and the gold oval frame is just perfect! Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card idea, Carol! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to backtrack to see what the blog hop was all about. What a great idea! And inspiring cards, Carol! They demonstrate why bright red with the gold are a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Carol, I love the poinsettias and greenery, the gold oval frame is a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The gold oval sets off your card beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Carol, the gold adds so much to this card! Pretty in design, and elegant in color

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.