Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Welcome Little One Slimline Card | Honey Bee Stamps

Today I have a sweet slimline baby card using Honey Bee Stamps new Slimline Sentiments Eyelet die.  I have a quick tip on how to extend the die cuts for the hills and grass, which are not as long as the slimline cards are.  I'll give you a few more details about my card along the way!


The Slimline Sentiments Eyelet die cuts out the center portion and the scalloped edge separately.  I love this because it makes it easy to use the cloud stencil from the Outdoor Scene Builder set on the center portion without inking the scallop frame.  This is the first time I've used the new Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink and I think I really like it!

It's so easy to extend these border dies to fit the slimline sized card.  I used Honey Bee's Grass Border and Hill Border dies.  As you can see from the photo below, I began with 8-½" long card stock and die cut the borders once.  I repositioned the dies and once I felt the cutting edge slip into the first cut, I taped them in place and ran it through my machine again.  Then you can trim the length to fit your card!  Easy, peasy!


All of my cute critters are colored with Copic markers and die cut with their coordinating dies.  The critters are from two sets:  Woodland Babies and Way To Goat.  The flowers are from Way To Goat too.


I popped up several of the elements, including the sentiment.  I love how there are coordinating dies for these sentiments!  I added a few gems from the Perfect Petals Crystal Gem Stickers set.  FYI, the finished card is 8-½" x 3-½".  Perfect fit for a standard business envelope!


I hope you've found this little tip for extending your dies helpful!  Thank you so much for stopping by!


Honey Bee Stamp supplies:

Other supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.