Monday, May 20, 2019

Happy Honey Bee Day! Blog Hop

Did you know that today is National Bee Day?  How fitting it is that Honey Bee Stamps is participating in a blog hop for Bee Day!  To see all the other designer's card and the full hop list head over to the Honey Bee Stamps blog HERE.


For my card I used the new Honey Bee Paper Piecing dies.  (I have a complete supply list at the end.) This is the first card I've made in a long time that had ZERO coloring on it! Haha!  Once I figured out my design, this card was super quick and easy to make.


I used a sheet of patterned paper from the 6x6 paper pad called The Bees' Knees.  Y'all, this paper pad is SO pretty!  You really should check it out!!!  I adhered it onto black and turquoise layers.  For the sentiment, I used one from the the Hi Honey set and stamped it onto a layer I die cut using one of the Double Stitched Polygon dies.

After I assembled the bees I cut some vellum to add behind their wings.  I glued them on with some Distress Collage Medium-Matte.  I then added some sparkle to all the bees' wings with a clear sparkle pen.  Two of the bees are popped up with foam squares.  The polygon shaped is popped up with foam tape.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  Long live the bees!!!!   Carol :)


Supplies:
Honey Bee Stamps:
Honey Bee Paper Piecing Honey Cuts
Double Stitched Polygons
A2 Double Stitched Frames
Busy Bees stamps & Honey Cuts
Hi Honey stamps
The Bees' Knees 6x6 paper pad

Other supplies:
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares, Small
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Tombow Foam Tape
Wink of Stella Clear











5 comments:

  1. Carol, you made a beautiful Bee card!
    It’s a fabulous BlogHop and I’m happy about how all the beautiful cards show the love and respect for these helpful little insects!

    Kind greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vellum on the wings is the perfect touch! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME creation! This is the BEE'S KNEES HOP! My husband & I host 60 to 80 bee hives on our 5 acre place for the summer (to get them out of the heat) for a bee keeper from California after they are through pollinating the orange and nut orchards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Carol!! Love it!!! :o) Thank you so much for participating in this blog hop. :o) Bee hugzzz!!! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the boldness of your bee-utiful bee card! The colors are bee-utiful and really compliment each other nicely! Plus I dig the sparkly wings! A fantastic touch!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.