Monday, May 20, 2019

It's The Simple Things, Art Impressions

Hello!  Here it is already Monday again and that means I'm over on the Art Impressions blog with this fun and sweet card using the Stayin' Afloat set.  


I used the Girlfriends Stayin' Afloat set and a sentiment from the WC Sentiment Set 2.   I stamped the image onto watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black in and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I used watercolor markers (listed below) to color everything.  Sometimes I added the marker direct to the paper and pulled the color out with a damp brush.  Other times I scribbled the marker onto my glass mat and dipped my brush into it.  For the white dots on the pink float I used some white gouache.  I like it because it's totally opaque.  I put a tiny dab onto my mat and mixed in just a bit of water.  To get the nice round dots I dipped the end of a rounded stylus into the gouache and touched it to the paper.


After I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx black ink, I heat embossed it twice with clear embossing powder.  Then I cut it out with the small tag die from the Tag Stitched Dies set.  I used the same die to cut tags from the pink and striped papers.  I adhered all three tags together and used some twine from my stash to add a bow.

The pink cardstock is adhered to the card base and the image with the striped edge is popped up on foam tape.  I used some thin 3D foam squares for the tag.


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a fun and crafty week!


Watercolor markers:
Tombow:  173, 493, 565, 636, 743, 885, 969, 977, N89
Marvy LePlume II:  Sapphire, Tropical, Yellow, Brilliant Yellow, 
Brown, Brownish Grey, Rosewood

Supplies:
Art Impressions Stayin' Afloat set
Art Impressions Tag Stitched Dies
Art Impressions WC Sentiment Set 2
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
My Favorite Things Sweet Celebration 6x6 paper pad
Judikins Diamond Glaze
WOW Clear Gloss Super Fine embossing powder
Gina K. Designs Passionate Pink Premium Cardstock
Scrapbook Adhesives Thin 3D Foam Squares

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.