Thursday, May 2, 2019

Workout Gal Wheelie--Week 2 Interactive Cards Challenge!

Hello friends!  It's week two of Art Impressions Interactive Card challenge!  My card today features the new to the Ai shop Workout Gal Wheelie!

Working out, putting on makeup, and a glass of wine--sounds like a fabulous work out, right?!!  This is such a fun card and the wheel actually turns with a tab on the inside of the card!  I couldn't decide on what colors to use, so I looked through my pattern paper packs and found one that had some colors I thought would work.  Do you ever do that?


To get started, I stamped all the images with a Copic safe ink and colored all the pieces and parts.  I've listed my marker colors below.  Die cut the extra pieces with the included dies.  I followed the directions on the package and also watched THIS video where Kate shows exactly how to put this together.  I'm such a visual learner and found the video very helpful!

Here are photos of a few of my steps.  Click on the photo to see it larger.  Starting with the top left photo, the description is:
  1. After positioning the layer beneath the stamped image, trace the circle that was die cut in the wheel.
  2. Tape the ¼" die onto the aqua layer, centering over the pencil line and die cut.  Also, I don't have round foam dots so I took a square one, taped the die on it and die cut a circle!  
  3. I added some thin foam tape to the back of the stamped panel for some dimension, then adhered it to the aqua layer
  4. After I layered the patterned paper and aqua layer and then adhered it to the card base, I again traced the circle opening.  Then use the circle die to cut the opening.
  5. This last photo shows how the foam dot I die cut fits perfectly in the opening!  To finished with the turning tab, just follow the package directions.
    

    

When I was adding the included white brads, I didn't care for the white showing so much.  I took a coordinating Copic marker and colored it so it blends in some.  Much better I think!


For the sentiment, I stamped it and then cut it out with one of the Flag Double Stitched dies.  I cut it twice more with coordinating paper from the paper pad.  I used the Tiny Attacher to staple them together.  I also, very carefully, colored the staple with a pink Copic.  Finally, I added Diamond Glaze to her sunglasses and wine glass.


I hope you will join in our Interactive Card challenge!  Click HERE to go to Art Impressions blog for the details.  Thank you so much for stopping by!


Copic markers:
Clothing/towel:  RV11, RV32, RV34, BG11, BG32, BG34, BG49, C0, C0, C01, C03, 0
Skin/makeup:  BG01, R11, R20, RV04, RV13, E000, E00, E13
Hair:  E33, E39, E99
Bicycle:  BG49, BG34, C3, C5, C7
Wine glass: R37, R39, C0, C1
Wheel:  C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, BG34, BG32

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.