Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Wishing You A Hoppy Easter | Honey Bee Stamps

 Hello crafty friends!  It's almost Easter and I just had to use Honey Bee Stamps' adorable Easter Buddies set for one last Easter card!  I had lots of stencil fun creating my background!  Keep reading for the details!


First I created my background.  I have a few photos below showing my steps.  All of my inks are Distress Oxide inks and I used Honey Bee's Blender Brushes for my stenciling, which makes it really easy!  First I laid out the Oak Tree and Grassy Hill Borders stencil sets and placed them on my A2 80# Neenah card stock to kind of make a plan for my stenciling.  I used Gathered Twigs and Ground Espresso for the tree trunk.  Next I stenciled the tree and leaves with Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, and Rustic Wilderness.  The grass and hills are Mowed Lawn with a touch of Twisted Citron.

When I was finished, I realized I had a white sky!  So I used my Blender Brush for blue Oxides (without adding more ink) and lightly stenciled in some clouds with the cloud stencil that's in the Outdoor Scene Builder stencil set.  (TIP:  I keep one Blender Brush for each Oxide color family.  I just wipe it off on a clean, dry paper towel between each shade of that color and it works great!)


I decided to add a few water splatters to the grassy area and covered up the other parts before sprinkling on the water drops.  I took a clean paper towel and blotted it dry.  I wanted to add water drops to the tree, but I was too afraid of messing it up!  LOL!  I die cut the panel with the largest Deckle Edge A2 Honey Cuts.

Next I stamped all of the adorable little images from the Easter Buddies set in Copic safe ink and colored them with my Copic markers.  Then I cut them out with the coordinating Honey Cuts.  As I was planning on where to put everything on the card, I thought that the tree looked like it needed something more.  I remembered the cute little birdhouse and bird in the Birds and The Bees set and stamped, colored and die cut them with their coordinating Honey Cuts.


I decided to fussy cut the little grass pieces so they wouldn't cover up the eggs as much.  I added foam tape to the back of the birdhouse, bunny, chick and flower group and adhered them to the card front.  I adhered the other images with Bee Creative Glue.


I had a hard time choosing from all of the fabulous sentiments in the Hoppy Easter stamps, but finally decided on two.  I stamped them in Onyx Black ink and die cut them with the coordinating Honey Cuts.  I LOVE having dies for sentiments and Honey Bee does them so well!


I had so much fun creating this card!  The stencils sure do make creating backgrounds so easy!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a very blessed "Hoppy" Easter!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Distress Oxides:  Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Rustic Wilderness, Ground Espresso, Gathered Twigs



1 comment:

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.