Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Beautiful Wishes Birthday Card | Rubbernecker Stamps

 Hello crafty friends!  Today I have a birthday card using just the outline stamp of Rubbernecker Stamps' gorgeous Fresh Florals layering stamp set.  I love layering stamp sets that have an outline stamp as it give you another way to stretch the use of your stamps!

I began by creating the card base:

  • Trim a piece of white card stock to 4" x 5-¼" and use Copic V05 to color the edges to create a coordinating layer.  Adhere to a white A2 card base.
  • Ink up the Horizontal Stripe background stamp with black ink and stamp onto white card stock.  Trim the striped panel to 3" x 5".
  • Next use a scallop border from Borders #1 to die cut white card stock.  Trim ¼" from each end.  Trim length-wise to 2-½" at the widest point.
  • Layer the scallop border piece over the striped card to create a 3-¾" x 5" piece. Adhere the pieces together with liquid glue.  Adhere to the card base.

Next stamp the outline layer of each flower in the Fresh Florals set in Copic safe ink.  I began by coloring the largest flower with the markers you see in the next photo.  I have found that when coloring detailed images like these flowers, it helps to start with the petals that you think will be easiest to color and start there.  Also, coloring one petal at a time helps and before you know it, you're done!

I colored the leaves with YG67, YG17, YG25, and YG03.  When I started with YG67, I colored over the black shadows that the stamp creates with YG67, extending just beyond the edges of the shadows.  I blended out with the other colors from there.  (I almost always go from darkest to lightest colors with my Copics.) 

Die cut the flowers and leaves with the coordinating dies.

Stamp the Beautiful Wishes sentiment with black ink on white card stock.  Next use the smallest Nested Oval Scallop die to cut it out.  Add thin foam tape to the back.

Next I arranged the flowers, leaves, and sentiment on the card.  When I had it how I liked, I adhered the small flower with liquid glue.  I added regular foam tape to the largest flower, and thin foam tape to the medium sized flower.  The three smallest leaves were adhered with glue and the other two with foam tape.

Of course, I always add a bit of bling whenever possible!  LOL!  I added dots of Lilac Whisper Nuvo Glitter Drops here and there around the flowers.


I hope I've inspired you to look through your layering stamp sets and find those that have the flower and leaf outline stamps!  Thank you so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.