Monday, March 15, 2021

Altenew Mini Delight: Smile Blooms

 Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing this card featuring Altenew's new release of the Mini Delight: Smile Blooms Stamp and Die set.  This is part of an Instagram hop, and if you'd like a chance at an awesome prize, head on over to my my Instagram and leave a comment.  I have all of the hop details there too!  Now, onto my card!


I'll be honest here and say that at first, I was quite intimidated by such a small little stamp set (it's 2" x 3")!  I was wondering how in the world was I to make a full A2 sized card with it?!  Remember, I'm not known for CAS cards!  LOL!  So I thought I'd get started by just stamping the two-layer stamp in various shades of pink.

I put the bottom flower layer in my MISTI and stamped it with either Baby Pink or Puffy Heart ink.  I varied the intensity of the layer by double- or triple-stamping the layer.  I lined up the second flower layer and stamped that in one of the same ink colors, but just stamping it at least three times.  I stamped the center with Sunray ink.  Next I stamped several of the leaves using Forest Glades and Evergreen ink.  I used the coordinating dies to cut them all out.

I stamped the Apothecary Label in Jet Black ink and used the coordinating die to cut it out.  I stamped the sentiment, from the Smile Blooms stamp set, onto the label with Versamark.  I added white embossing powder and heat set it.

Next I created the card base by adding a few pink and black spatters to a 4-¼" x 5-½" card base.  Next I created the frame by die cutting some 80# Neenah with the Fine Frames Rectangles die.  Now, I was planning just using one of the frames.  However, when I removed the paper from the die, all five of these pieces stayed together.  (The pieces were totally cut through, but probably because of my well-used cutting plate, they were still somewhat attached!)  I liked the thought of using them together, and carefully turned the frame over and added foam tape to the back to keep the pieces together, and to pop it up on the card.

After I added the frame, I added the flowers using glue or foam squares.  Next I tucked in the leaves and popped up the sentiment in the center.  I love the dimension of this!


Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope to see you over on Instagram for the hop!

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely! I like the colors that you chose, and your great design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.