Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Friends Are Like Seashells We Collect

Happy Wednesday!! Today I have a card I made that features the beautiful new Lovely Layers: Seashore Honey Cuts. This is one of many fabulous new products in the Perfect Day release. Since the beach/ocean is one of my very favorite places, I couldn't wait to have a play with these beautiful dies!

First I used the new Waves Pierced A2 Cover Plate die to add the pierced waves to 80# Neenah cardstock. Then I used blender brushes to ink up the piece with Distress Inks. I used Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, and Uncharted Mariner. I used Bee Creative glue to add it to an A2 card base.  (All supplies are linked below.)

Next I die cut all of the pieces in the Lovely Layers: Seashore die set from 80# Neenah. Then I used the tan rubber embossing mat to get even more detail from the etched lines of the dies. This really does deepen the embossed lines even more than the die cutting does! I used various Copic markers to color the shells and sea grass. If you need a guide for the layers, check out the images over on the product page. I placed thin foam squares between each layer for extra dimension.

I arranged the images and popped some up with foam dots and adhered the others with Bee Creative glue.

To finish up, I stamped the sentiment from the new Seas The Day stamp set in black ink. I die cut it with the coordinating Honey Cut, then popped it up with foam dots. I added a bit of bling by gluing on a few small Clear Dew Drops.

Be sure to check out all of the other beautiful new ocean themed sets over in the Honey Bee shop! (The new wedding, florals, and baby sets are just as awesome too!) Thank you so much for stopping by--have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty beach scene, and a good trick for more dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.