Thursday, July 28, 2022

True Gifts of Christmas - Hot Foiled Christmas Card

 Hello friends!  I'm still adding to my Christmas card stash and today I'm sharing my card that features a couple of Spellbinders' new products from their Glimmer Greetings release!  These are beautiful hot foiling sets that will come in handy to create quick, and beautiful, cards!

I used my Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil machine and Platinum die cutting machines for this project.  First I foiled some green foil with the Crossed Lines Cardfront hot foil plate onto green cardstock.  I trimmed it to 4" x 5-¼".  Next I added some Mowed Lawn Distress ink around the edges with an ink blender brush.  Then I brushed on just a touch of Rustic Wilderness Distress ink. Then I adhered it to my card front.

Then I foiled the elements from the Blooming Tree Hot Foil & Die set with red and green foils.  These all part of a set of four in the Holiday Variety foil set.  This set has all of the coordinating dies included so you can die cut the pieces after you foil them--I love that!  I die cut the pieces and then used a few Copic markers to color the flowers and leaves.  

The sentiment is from the Gifts of Christmas Sentiments hot foil plates set.  (Note: This currently ½ off over on Spellbinders site!!)  After I foiled one of them in green foil, I trimmed to fit the card and adhered it with glue.  I added some foam tape to the tree and flowers and adhered them to the card base.  I used glue for the leaves.

For a bit of embellishment, I used a white gel pen to add detailing to the flowers.  Then I added drops of Red Berry Nuvo Crystal Drops.

I love how this card turned out, and hope you do too!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty foiling, on white and colored cardstock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.