Saturday, July 9, 2022

A Quick and Easy Birthday Card with Spellbinders Stitched Fanfare Die

 Happy Saturday friends!  Today I'm sharing a super quick and easy birthday card made with Spellbinders new Stitched Fanfare die and the Stylized Happy Birthday sentiment.  This cover die is made to be stitched on with embroidery thread, but I wanted to show you an idea to use it without the stitching!

First I added an A2 sized layer of coral cardstock from my stash to my card base.  Then I die cut the Stitched Fanfare die from 110# Neenah cardstock.  I added pieces of foam tape to the back to adhere it to the card.

Then I added small gem stickers to the die cut hole of each section.  This would normally be used when you stitched the die cut, but I love that this can be used in such a pretty way when you don't have time for stitching!

I die cut the Stylized Happy Birthday top layer three times from 80# Neenah.  I glue all of the layers together, then adhered them to the coordinating coral cardstock shadow layer.  I added some foam tape to the back to pop it up on the card.

That's seriously all there is to it!  I want to keep this idea in mind and use a more masculine colored cardstock and maybe enamel dots instead of the gems for a card for the guys!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful, crafty weekend!

These are links to the products I've used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.