Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Let's Make Christmas Cards in July!

I love getting a head start on my holiday cards!  So we all at Rubbernecker Stamps are sharing holiday card inspirations to help get those ideas flowing!  Today, my card features the gorgeous Poinsettia #2 die set.

First I die cut the Poinsettia #2 dies two times from Specialty Cardstock.  I love the subtle texture this paper gives!  I used small ink blender brushes and sponge daubers to color the petals using Color Fuse inks from Set #4 and Set #10.  I applied Crimson ink at the tips of the petals, working towards the centers with each lighter shade.  I colored the largest petal with Basil ink.

Next I used flower shaping tools and a foam pad to add shape and dimension to each layer.  I colored the little flower centers with Fern ink from Set #11, and then shaped them with a tiny balled stylus.

To jazz up the flowers even more, I added splatters with a paintbrush and ink using a drop of the re-inker for Crimson and splatters of Basil re-inker on the green petals.  Next I mixed a small scoop of Confetti White Perfect Pearls with water and splattered that over all.  I set the pieces aside to dry.

I created my card base by stamping the greeting from the Christmas Cheer set with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto white 80# cardstock.  Then I trimmed it to 4" x 5-¼".  Next I ran the piece through my die cutting machine with the Diamond Pierced Cover die.

I really do like being matchy-matchy (LOL!) so I made a coordinating base layer by swiping the Scarlet ink pad along all four edges of an A2 white card.  I adhered the layer to the pierced layer with glue.  I glued my flower layers together and adhered them to my card.  I added a few pearl stickers here to the card for some extra bling!

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you've been inspired to get started on your holiday cards!

Product links for my card supplies:

1 comment:

  1. Really gorgeous, Carol! Love the pretty poinsettias, but they are really the next level with the pierced plate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.