Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Hello Friend Card with Succulent Garden Builder Dies

 Hello Honey Bee friends! Today I've fun with the Succulent Garden Builder Honey Cuts and have paired it up with a different way to use the On The Line: Succulents set. I love finding unique ways to use stamps other than what might first come to mind! Read on for the details of how I created my wall arrangement!

To create the card base and layers, trim a piece of patterned paper from the Marvelous Moments 6" x 8-½" paper pad to 2" x 5-½" and adhere it with Bee Creative glue at the bottom of and A2 card base. Next I trimmed some 80# Neenah white cardstock to 2-¼" x 5-½". Using my scoring board and tool, I added scored lines at every ¼". Then I adhered it to the top of the card. I added a ¼" strip of white cardstock to cover the line where the two pieces meet.

Next I die cut all of the pieces from the Succulent Garden Builder Honey Cuts I wanted from 80# white Neenah cardstock. You could definitely use colored cardstock scraps, but sometimes I'd just rather color the pieces rather than dig through my scraps! LOL! I used various Copic markers to color the pieces.  Then I used a white gel pen to add some details to the plants.

Then I stamped one of the main pieces from the On The Line: Succulents set in No Line Coloring ink. I also colored this with my Copic markers. And yes, I did color these as flowers, which makes even another way to use this beautiful set! I used all the same color of markers for all of the card elements so that it will all be cohesive in the color scheme. I used the coordinating Honey Cuts to die cut the piece. Then I used one of the longest Wood Frame Builder Honey Cuts to create my shelf. This time I did use a piece of scrap cardstock.  I trimmed the shelf to 4".  Then I glued the On The Line Succulents piece to the shelf and added foam tape strips to the back. I added a few foam strip pieces to the back of the hanging basket too. The sentiment is also from the On The Line: Succulents set and die cut with the coordinating Honey Cut.

Coloring die cut pieces is so relaxing for me, and I sure hope you've enjoyed another take on the On The Line Succulentsset! I think the Succulent Builder pairs so well with it! Thank you so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Way to stretch those succulents right into flowers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.