Friday, August 27, 2021

We Are Better Together | Honey Bee Stamps

 Hi friends!  My card today is part of an Instagram hop to celebrate Honey Bee Stamps Autumn Splendor release.  There are several new stencils in this release and today I've used the Art Deco Patterns Stencil set (3 included).  What I really love about this stencil set is that it coordinates with the new Stacking Art Deco Labels Honey Cuts!

I love inking up stencils and then using texture paste to enhance the inking!  I sprayed the back of the stencil with Pixie Spray and placed it onto some 80# Neenah card stock.  Then  I added Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, and Carved Pumpkin Distress inks with a blender brush.  I left the stencil in place and wiped the ink off with a dry towel.  Then I spread some white Glitz Glitter Gel through the stencil for some fun sparkle!  (Be sure to clean up right away!)

When the stenciled piece was dry, I die cut it with the 2nd largest Sweet Stacks: Rectangles die.  I used Bee Creative glue to adhere it to an A2 card base.

Next I used the 3rd largest Stacking Art Deco Labels Honey Cuts and cut out some 80# Neenah.  Then I added Mowed Lawn and Tumbled Glass Distress ink for the background.   I added foam tape to the back and adhered it to the card front.

Next I stamped the cute images and sentiment from the Better Together stamp set with Intense Black ink.  After I colored them with my Copic markers, I used the coordinating Honey Cuts to cut them out.  I added foam tape to the rabbit, mouse, and sentiment and adhered them to the card.  I adhered the other images with Bee Creative glue.

For some finishing touches, I used a white gel pen to add details to several images.

From the stenciling to coloring the adorable images, this was so fun to create!  I hope you'll pop over to my Instagram and join the hop.  There will be two $25 gift cards to the Honey Bee shop given away to two of the commenters!  Plus you'll get to see lots more amazing inspirational cards from the team!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Products I used for today's card:

4 comments:

  1. I just ordered some of the carved pumpkin distress oxide ink... I hope it will ship soon! Love the effect of the gel also. Great release from Honey Bee. I love it all, especially the Halloween stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh blending under glitter gel! Beautiful results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable scene, but your inked stencil background really sets it all off -- so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I'm amazed at how your Texture paste is so smooth. Well done. I used to like to play with paste and stencils...but they never looked that great. It was fun to try anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.