Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Three Beautiful Floral Cards | Rubbernecker Stamps

 Hello crafty friends!  Today I'm sharing three floral cards that I made for Rubbernecker Stamps' sneak peeks of their beautiful Floral Frenzy release.  You may have missed seeing these and this gives me a chance to share how I made these cards.

These first two cards are made with two different stamp sets, but the technique I used is the same for both.

This first card features the gorgeous Summer Bouquet Set with the Bold Rose two-part stencil set.

First I sprayed the back of both stencils with Pixie Spray.  This ensures the stencil won't shift around and the tackiness will last through several uses!  I placed the leafy stencil on a 4-¼" x 5-½" piece of white card stock.  Then I used some sponge daubers to ink up the stencil with green inks from the Color Fuse set #11.  Next I removed the leafy stencil and positioned the flower stencil over the card panel.  I used another sponge dauber and added some pretty inks from Color Fuse set #4.  When I was finished, I adhered the panel to a top folding A2 card base.

Next I die cut some 80# Neenah with the largest Nested Oval Scallop die.  I placed it into my MISTI and used some removable tape to make sure it stayed in place! Then I centered the first layer of the Summer Bouquet stamp over it.  This is the fun part!  I used sponge daubers to ink on the green ink from Color Fuse set #11.  I would stamp and repeat until I was happy with the look.  These next photos shows what it looked like after the first time I stamped the green layer, and then the finished piece.

When I finished stamping the flower stamps (Color Fuse sets #4 and #9) I stamped the sentiment from the set in black ink.  I popped the oval up with some foam tape and adhered it to the card front.

The second card uses the very same inking technique with the sponge daubers.  I used the beautiful Country Blooms set for this card.

Before I began adding the ink, I die cut a panel with the second largest Nested Rectangle Scallop die.  I used Color Fuse set #'s 9 and 10.  Here's a few photos showing my progress: (click any photo to see it up close.)

When I finished stamping the flowers, I stamped the sentiment from the set in black ink.  I added foam tape to the back of the panel and adhered it to a top folding card base.

My final card features the sweet Wondrous Wishes set along with some masking and stenciling!

First I used the largest of the Nested Rectangle Small Stitch die set and cut a piece of coordinating purple card stock.  I adhered the purple card stock to a top folding card base and set it aside.  Next I grabbed some black ink, stamped three of the flower's base layer stamp onto some masking paper, and fussy cut the masks.  Then I planned on where to place my flowers from the Wondrous Wishes set on my white card stock.  Next I stamped it with the purple inks in Color Fuse set #6.  I placed my masks over the flowers and stamped the stems with green ink from Color Fuse set #10.

Next I sprayed the back of the Sun Burst stencil with Pixie Spray and placed it on the white die cut card.  I used an ink blending brush and inked on some yellow inks from Color Fuse set #1.  Here are my progress photos:

I die cut the panel with the second largest Nested Rectangle Small Stitch die.  Then I stamped the sentiment in black ink and adhered the piece to my card base with liquid glue.  To add a bit of bling, I added Apple Green Nuvo drops to the flower centers and a sprinkling of Dandelion Yellow Nuvo drops around the flowers and on the sunshine.

If you're still hanging in and reading this, thank you!  I sure hope I've provided some inspiration and that you've enjoyed my card making process!  Have a wonderful, crafty day!

Rubbernecker products used for these cards:


1 comment:

  1. Carol this is a new company to me!! I love the use of stencils and these are really wonderful. Thanks for sharing you process. I am going to check this company out for sure! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.