Wednesday, August 18, 2021

You Are Pawsome! | Honey Bee Stamps

 Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a cute puppy card using Honey Bee Stamps Puppy Dog Tails stamps and Honey Cuts!  I've loaded the adorable pups into a wheelbarrow that's in the Sandie and Sis set.

I began by stamping my images with Intense Black Ink (my favorite for Copic coloring!) and colored them all with my markers.  Here are the Copic colors I used for the main images:

  • Dog 1 (left to right): C7, C5, C3, C1, C0; for all dogs' ears/cheeks I used R20 and R30
  • Dog 2:  E55, E53, E51
  • Dog 3:  E59, E57, E55, E53, E51, E34
  • Dog 4:  C9, C7, C5, E18, E15, E13
  • Wheelbarrow:  B39, B37, B34, N9, N7, N5, N4, N2, N0

When I finished coloring everything, I die cut them using the coordinating Puppy Dog Tails and Sandie and Sis Honey Cuts.  Next I stamped the sentiments from Friends FURever stamp set in Intense Black ink and die cut them with the coordinating Honey Cuts.

Next I worked on my background for the images.  I placed the largest circle stencil from the Circle Spotlight Stencils & Masks set on an A2 white cardstock panel.  Then I positioned the hill stencil from the Grassy Hill Borders stencil set under the circle stencil.   (Check out the following photo to see the stencil positions.)  Then I used a couple Background Blender Brushes to ink on Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide for the sky and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide for the hill.  I added some water spatters to the green hill, let it dry, and then removed the hill stencil.  I then added white spatters with some diluted white gauche.

I used a circle die from my stash that coordinates with the size of the stenciled background to cut it out.  I used one size smaller circle die to due cut a piece of a foam sheet that I added to the back of the circle.  I added it to a card base that I created with some black cardstock and a piece of patterned paper from the Back To Basics 6 x 6 paper pad.

Next I adhered my cute little images to the card front with Bee Creative glue.  I did need to trim off the bottom of the dog on the left for him to fit into the wheelbarrow.  I popped up the sentiments with some foam squares and added them to the card.

I used a black gel pen to trace over the dogs' eyes and noses to help them stand out a bit more.  A few touches here and there with a white gel pen finished up the card.

I had lots of fun creating my card with these adorable pups!  Now, if you are totally a cat person, check out the adorable Smitten Kittens set (link is below)!  A wheelbarrow full of kitties would be so cute too!  I hope you've enjoyed my card today.  Thank you so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.