Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Best Wishes Card Featuring the New Fresh Breeze Stamp Set | Rubbernecker Stamps

 Hello friends!  Today my card is featuring one of the beautiful new Rubbernecker Stamps floral stamp sets!  This one is called Fresh Breeze, and it is a gorgeous set with solid stamp images and additional layering stamps that add so much dimension!

First created the background piece:

  • I "conditioned" the Fresh Breeze stamps by rubbing a white eraser over them until the shine was gone.  This really helps to minimize any beading up of the ink!
  • Stamp the base layer using two of the flower stamps from the Fresh Breeze set and the stems randomly over the A2 sized white card stock.  I used the lightest shade of ink from the Color Fuse ink Set #s 5, 6, and 9.  I stamped all of the stems with Clover ink from set #10.  I have these and all products linked at the end of my post.
  • Here's a peek at it all in progress:

  • I used an acrylic stamp block for this to make it quick and easy.  I was sure to let some of the flowers hang off of the card stock edge to create more of a natural background look.
  • I adhered the piece to a top-folding card base.

  • Next I stamped all of the layers for each of the two flowers creating three flowers and stems.  I switched to my MISTI for stamping the layers in case I decided to stamp the layer more than once.  I used the same Color Fuse sets as above, but for the three layers, I used shades 1, 2, and 4.  (Don't you love how the ink cubes are labeled 1 through 4?!!  I used Basil from ink set #10 for the stems.  Then I fussy cut them out.
  • I had a piece of sparkly vellum leftover from another project.  It was a piece that I had sprayed with Therm O Web Iridescent Glitter Dust.  It creates such a pretty, yet subtle sparkle!  I die cut the vellum with the next to largest Nested Oval Small Stitch die.
  • Next I adhered the flowers to the vellum oval with liquid glue.
  • Then I stamped the sentiment from the Fresh Breeze stamp set in black ink.  I trimmed it to a rectangle shape and adhered it to the oval.
  • I added foam tape to the back of the oval, but only behind the flowers and sentiment.  Don't want that to show through!  I adhered the piece to the card.

I love how this turned out!  It was really fun creating the background too!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful, crafty week!


2 comments:

  1. Wow this is !, Carol -- love the wonderful colors you've chosen

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Not sure what happened with that comment, but it shoulda said "wow this is gorgeous"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.