Hello friends! Today my card features the oh, so popular Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers: Coneflower die set. I decided to kind of transition the look of my card into autumn with some warm Distress Ink colors.
To begin, I had lots of inky fun with several of the yellow Distress Ink colors. I smooshed the ink pads onto my craft mat, spritzed a bit of water onto the ink with my Distress Sprayer. I like this sprayer because you can either mist the water or get larger drops, depending on how fast you squeeze the trigger. Then I took watercolor paper and smooshed it into the ink. The key to getting the layers is to be sure to use your heat tool and dry the layer before smooshing again. I went for darker inks for the bottom layers of the flower.
Some of the Distress Ink colors I used are Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Crackling Campfire, and Squeezed Lemonade. For the leaves I used Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint Distress Ink and Twisted Citron Distress Spray. After the panels were totally dry, I used the Lovely Layers: Coneflower dies to cut the parts of the flower and leaves. (see photo above) Next I used Bee Creative glue to adhere the flower layers together. (Tip: For the petal layers, just add glue to the center so you can give the petals a little fluffing by using your fingers to curl the tips a bit.)
Then I used the Buffalo Plaid background stamp, inked it up with some beige ink and stamped it onto some Neenah Desert Storm card stock. I added white spatters by diluting a dab of white gouache water using my paint brush. When it was dry, I trimmed it to 4" x 5-1/4" and glued it to an A2 card base with Bee Creative glue.
For the sentiment I die cut the bottom layer of the Happy Honey Cuts from some of the lighter colored ink smooshed panel. The middle layer is Neenah Desert Storm and the top layer is 80# Neenah Solar Crest card stock. Then I used the "birthday" stamp I found in the Enjoy stamp set and stamped it onto Neenah Desert Storm with Bee Creative Intense Black ink. I used my paper trimmer to cut it to a rectangle shape.
I used Bee Creative Glue to adhere the layered sentiment, leaves and flower. I added a couple of small foam squares to the remaining sentiment strip and added it to my card.
I hope you enjoyed my version of this fabulous die set and have been inspired today! Thank you so much for stopping by!