Thursday, June 11, 2020

Beep! Boop! You Light Up My Life! | Honey Bee Stamps

Today I have a fun light-up card using the adorable Honey Bee Stamps Build-A-Bot set!  Have you ever made a light-up card?  These Pear Blossom Press EZ-Lights make it so easy! Keep reading to see how to make this fun card.

This is the card as you would see it out of the envelope.



Push where it says "press here" and ta-da!


Here are the steps I took to make my card.  I hope this makes it easy to understand!
  • Die cut Neenah Solar White card stock with the largest A2 Double Stitched Frames die.
  • Create the galaxy background by blending Distress Oxide inks on the die cut panel.  I used Picked Raspberry, Blueprint Sketch, Mustard Seed, and Black Soot.  The blending brushes make this so easy!
  • I used an ink blending tool to add some Distress Micro Glaze to the inked background and used a paper towel to wipe off the excess.  I love how this enhances the colors and also takes away the chalky look of the Oxide inks.
  • I used the Twinkle, Twinkle stencil and some texture paste to add the stars to the background stencil, sprinkled on some glitter, and set it aside to dry.  When it was dry, I adhered it to a pink card stock layer.
  • I used stamps and dies from these sets for the scene on my card:  Build-A-Bot, Far Out Friends, Gear Up, and One-Of-A-Kind (for the press here).
  • The Bot pieces were colored with Copic markers and the moon with Distress Oxides using the To The Moon Scene Builder stencil set.  Distress Oxides for the moon are Weathered Wood, Black Soot, Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar.
  • I used a craft knife to cut out the grid in the middle piece for the Bot.  I stamped that piece again, this time on vellum, with StazOn black ink.  I colored the back of the grid with Copics, die cut it, and adhered it to the back of the Bot middle.  Now I can adhere the Bot pieces together with glue.  See first photo below.
  • I planned out where to place my pieces to know where to add three holes for the lights and marked the spots with a black marker.  I used a craft pick to punch the holes.  Align the panel over the card base and use a pencil to mark the spot for the lights through the punched holes.  See the next photos for the lights, battery pack, and foam tape placement.  I used double-sided adhesive to hold the battery pack in place.
Click the photos to see larger images.

  

Once I double-checked that I had the lights in the correct spot, I removed the foam tape backing and adhered the galaxy panel.  Now it's just a matter of adding foam tape to your pieces and adding them to the card!


I could play with this card all day!  Haha!  I hope I've inspired you to play with this fun Build-A-Bot set and add some lights for more fun!  Thank you so much for stopping by!


Supplies:
Honey Bee Stamps:

Other:
Distress Oxide inks:  Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries, Weathered Wood, Black Soot, Blueprint Sketch, Mustard Seed

1 comment:

  1. Amazing and fun! What a lovely interactive card, Carol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.