Thursday, June 25, 2020

Patriotic Barn Scene Card | Honey Bee Stamps

Hello friends!  Today I have this adorable card using Honey Bee Stamps Barn Scene Builder set!  My barn today is all ready for the Fourth of July with the festive red, white and blue colors!  This set is so fun, especially when you add in some of the elements from the Way To Goat set!


The Barn Scene Builder set makes a stand alone barn-shaped card.  However, I wanted more space for my scene, so I added it to a 6" square card base.  I created this base by cutting two pieces of white card stock:  one 6"x 6" and another 6" x 6-¼" (score this one at ¼").  Adhere the 6x6 piece to the tab.   On the card front I used the cloud stencil from the Outdoor Scene Builder stencil set and blended on some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink with a Background Blender Brush.  I used the Grass Border die to create a mask and blended on Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink.  Turns out that the grassy edge barely shows!  Haha!

My next step was to build was this adorable windmill.  I die cut the blades and five of the circle pieces from silver card stock.  Stack and adhere the circle pieces and then adhere the blades to the circle.   The other portions are die cut from Woodgrain card stock.  I blended some Distress Oxides to color and shade this piece.  I wanted this windmill to be movable, so I punched holes with the pokey tool in the center of the blades and windmill base.  See the photo for a visual explanation.  I used a tiny brad to connect the pieces.


Next I die cut the barn pieces from patterned paper in the Home Essentials 6x6 paper pack.  I die cut the door frames, the window, and window box from white woodgrain card stock.  I used a Blending Brush to add some Walnut Stain and Ground Espresso Distress Ink to color and shade these.  I offset the barn on the card base, adheredit, and then trimmed off the extra.  Next adhere the doors, window, and roof.


I stamped the flowers and critters from the Way To Goat set, along with the banners from the Farmhouse Add-on set, in Copic safe ink.  I colored them with Copic markers and die cut them with the coordinating Way To Goat Honey Cuts and Farmhouse Add-on Honey Cuts.  I stamped the sentiment from the United We Stand set in black ink and die cut it with the Coordinating Die.  I die cut two more of the sentiment piece and colored them with a red and a blue marker that I used to color the flowers.  I layered these all together and popped it up with foam tape.


If you haven't tried a scene building set like this one, you really should!  It's so much fun customizing it however you like!  Thank you so much for stopping by today!  


Supplies:
Distress Oxide inks:  Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron
Distress inks:  Walnut Stain, Ground Espresso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.