Sunday, June 28, 2020

A Slimline Summery Birthday Card | Rubbernecker Stamps

Hello friends!  Today I have a slimline card that's sweet and summery--perfect for those summertime birthdays!   I've used Rubbernecker Stamps adorable Island Bike stamp and die along with the Birthday Balloons stamp and die for my card.  Keep reading for the details.


Here are the steps for this quick and easy card:
  • Score 7" x 8-½" piece of 80# Neenah Solar White card stock at 3-½".
  • Ink some Sonata blue ink (from Color Fuse Set #8) with a blender brush to create a blue sky.
  • I smooshed some of the Sonata ink onto my glass mat, added a bit of water with a paint brush, and spattered some blue droplets onto the sky.
  • Stamp the Island Bike 1 and the Birthday Balloons with Copic safe ink on 80# Neenah. (I've listed my marker colors below.)
  • Color with Copic markers and die cut with Island Bike 1 Die and Birthday Balloons Die.  Add some foam tape to the back of the die cuts.
  • Die cut the grass layers, using Grass Die Cuts, from two shades of green card stock.  Trim the pieces to 3-½", adhere together, and then to the card base.
  • Adhere the bicycle, slightly offset, and trim off the excess.
  • Die cut flowers with the Small Flowers #1 die and butterflies with the Small Butterflies Die from white card stock.  Using some of the markers I had out, I colored the flowers and the butterfly.
  • Shape the flowers with a rounded stylus and foam mat.


I adhered the flowers around the bicycle with liquid glue.  I added glue just to the center of the butterfly so I could shape the wings upwards.


I love this summertime birthday card and hope you've been inspired to give these awesome stamps and dies a try!  Thank you for stopping by today--I appreciate you.  Have a fabulous and crafty week!


Copic markers:
BG07, BG15, BG32,
RV13, RV21, RV10,
C9, C7, C5, C3,
Y26, Y19, Y15, Y13, Y08, Y02, Y00, YG00, YR16

2 comments:

  1. Very cute, Carol, what an adorable scene! and I always wondered how all those little flowers were made -- I've never seen a whole panel of them before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this card! I’m a stamper at heart but your beautiful summer time card has inspired me to make my own version. I fell in love with the pretty little flowers too! 😎

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.