Thursday, February 20, 2020

Birthday Card, Butterflies & an Inky Background | Honey Bee Stamps

Hello friends!  I don't know about you, but I'm ready for spring and my card today reflects that!  I've used two beautiful sets from Honey Bee Stamps to create my card today, Spring Peony and Fluttering By.


It had been a while since I made a heat-embossed, ink-smooshed background.  I love this fun technique!  Here are my steps for the background:
  • Place a piece of watercolor card stock in your MISTI or other stamp positioning tool.
  • Lay out the butterfly stamps from the Fluttering By set and pick up with the MISTI door.
  • Use an antistatic bag on your card stock, then ink the stamps with Versamark clear embossing ink and stamp.  Repeat, if needed.
  • Sprinkle on white embossing powder and heat set.
  • Smoosh Distress Inks onto your craft mat.  I used Squeezed Lemonade, Abandoned Coral, Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar.  Mist the ink with water.
  • Place your embossed piece into the ink and lift.  Air or heat dry.  Repeat until you are happy with the look.
  • I die cut the piece with the largest of the A2 Double Stitched Frame dies.
  • TIP:  I almost always prepare at least two embossed pieces to play and experiment with.  It seems to help me not feel so much pressure to get the first one just right!

I used one butterfly from the Fluttering By set and some greenery from the Spring Peony set for the card front.  Stamp in Copic safe ink, color and die cut with the Spring Peony and Fluttering By coordinating dies.  I've listed the Copic markers I used at the end of this post.  I played around with the arrangement of the pieces until I liked it and took a photo to remember the placement.  Before I adhered the greenery, I used my fingers to slightly curl them to add dimension.  For the butterfly, I added liquid glue to just the the middle so the wings would stay raised.


To finish, I added some clear Wink of Stella to the butterfly's wings and the berries.  Then I added Glossy Accents to the berries.


I love how this turned out and had so much fun making the inky background!  Thank you so much for stopping by today!


Copic markers:
butterfly:  R24, R22, R32, Y18, Y02, RV10, RV00
greenery:  YG67, YG17, YG25, YG03

Supplies:
Distress inks:  Squeezed Lemonade, Abandoned Coral, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Both the butterfly and your inky background are fantastic, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.