Thursday, February 20, 2020

New Easter Twist Set & Challenge | Art Impressions

Hello my friends!  Have you seen the new interactive Twist Sets by Art Impressions?  There are eight adorable sets, including the Easter Twist Set I've used for my card today.  These sets are so fun and cute!  There are included dies to cut them out and they swivel, or twist, in the frame!




These sets come with stamps for both sides of the twisting element along with the dies to cut it out.  You will need the Twist Frame Die, sold separately.  This is a very easy and quick card to make!  I started with an A2 card base cut with a Scallop A2 die.  Leave the top edge of the card just below the cut line to get this cute scalloped-edged card.  I die cut some patterned paper with a Rectangle A2 Double Stitched die and adhered it to the card base.  I opened the card base and positioned the Twist Frame Die in the center and ran it through my die cutting machine.  For the white frame around the die I cut the frame from a piece of white card stock.  Then, leaving the die in place, trace around the outside of the die with a pencil and fussy cut it.  Adhere it in place around the opening.

Next I stamped the images in Copic safe ink and colored the bunny images with a few markers listed below.  I also stamped the egg portion of the images onto some patterned paper.  It was easy to fussy cut around the egg.  To give your fussy cutting a finished look, be sure to use a black marker to go around the edges.  I like to use a Tuxedo Black Memento Dual Marker.  Adhere the patterned eggs to the images. 


I do like to share what I've learned from my oopsies so hopefully it will help you!  I always save larger scraps of card stock to use.  I had a couple scrap pieces that the images fit onto when stamped.  Well......oops!  I didn't plan on room for the dies!  I made it work by die cutting these, then trimming off the top and bottom tabs.  I die cut one more from plain card stock and adhered them to the front and back.  It all worked out just fine!  My motto is to always try to find a way to fix it!


To finish up, I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink and die cut it out with a die from the Tag Stitched Dies set.  I die cut two more from the patterned paper and layered all three together.  (Tip:  I had a silver brad and tapped it into my Versamark ink pad and dipped it into some pink embossing powder.  Heat set it, and while it's still hot, dip it into the powder and heat it again.  Repeat until you like the look!  I popped it up with a couple of foam squares.

I added some sparkle in the white stripes to both sides of the egg with a clear sparkle pen.  (I recently ordered and received these from Scrapbook.com and really like them.  These pens are equal to others and are at a great price point.)  I used a white gel pen to add dots to the eggs.  This photo will give you an idea of what the card looks like standing up.


Thank you for stopping by!  I sure hope to see your entry in the Movers and Shakers Challenge!  Stay crafty!


Copic markers:
C1, C0, RV11, RV21, W3, W1, W0

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.