Monday, February 17, 2020

Gardening Circlet Birthday Card | Art Impressions

Happy Monday friends!  I'm over on Art Impressions' blog today with a sweet birthday card featuring the  beautiful Gardening Circlet MTF set.



This card is very easy to create as the directions for the card size, where to fold and stamp are all included on the back of the packaging.  First I stamped the images and used the dies to cut the openings in the first two panels.

I decided to use my Prismacolor Pencils to color these as the images are a bit on the small side.  Keeping your pencils very sharp at all times makes the coloring very easy!




I love this row of birds!  The illustration reminds me of the sweet Chickadees that visit our backyard bird feeders.  I did a web search of images of them to use as a guide for my coloring.  Note:  you do not need to use as many pencil colors as I did--I just wanted to do a lot of shading.  The list of the colors I used are at the end of this post.




I used a sentiment from the Exclusive Hydrangeas Set and stamped it with black ink.  I definitely used my MISTI to stamp this since I sure didn't want to mess it up after all of my coloring!  Haha!


I hope I've inspired you to give these sweet mini trifold sets a try!  I'm always thankful for you taking a moment to stop by and take a look.  Have a wonderful, crafty week!


Prismacolor pencils:
Chartreuse, Spring Green, Apple Green, Lime Peel, Prussian Green, Kelp Green, Olive Green,
Dark Green, Mahogany Red, Magenta, Process Red, Hot Pink, Diox. Purple Hue, Parma Violet, Lilac, Indigo Blue, Cerulean Blue, Light Cerulean Blue, Blue Slate, Sky Blue Light, Terra Cotta,
Burnt Ochre, Mineral Orange, Goldenrod, Jasmine, Yellow Ochre, Canary Yellow,
Dark Umber, Chocolate, Light Umber, Sandbar Brown, Ginger Root,
Cool Grey: 90%, 70%, 50%, 30%, 20%; Black

Supplies:
Neenah Solar White 80# card stock
Versafine Onyx Black ink

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card, wonderful flowers, gorgeous coloring, and those oh so sweet chicadees!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.