Thursday, June 6, 2019

You're Never Too Old To..., Art Impressions

You're never too old to do goofy things!  LOL!  That's my motto and I'm sticking to it!  This old guy is in the new stamp set by Art Impressions called Birthday Laugh Lines.  I'm on the Art Impressions blog today to help kick off the new Laugh Lines and Succulent release available in their shop!  Also, we are beginning a new challenge:  Desktop Decor!

I have to be honest and say that this challenge really stumped me for a while!  I did some Pinterest browsing and saw something similar to this notepad holder.  I decided to make a card and notepad holder combo.


I stamped the man with Copic safe ink and colored him with the Copic markers listed below.  I fussy cut it out and added some thin foam tape to the back and Diamond Glaze to the balloon.  While that dried, I worked on the card and the notecard.  For the card,  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black onto an A2 card base. I heat set it with clear embossing powder.  The beige striped paper is sadly retired.  I added a leftover strip of the teal paper with the striped.  



For the inside of the card I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment (one of 10 in this set!).  I inked up and stamped just the balloon the man is holding and drew the string in a little longer.



For the notecard holder I created a file in Cricut Design Space.  If you have a Cricut and Design Space, you can access this file by going to : https://design.cricut.com/#/design/150707000.  I used some heavy double-sided cardstock from my stash.  After I cut the pieces, I applied double-sided adhesive as shown in these photos (click on the photos to enlarge).  I also used some thick chipboard I saved from packaging and cut it to fit the back of the notepad for extra stability.  The double-sided adhesive ensures it all stays put!




Here are the measurements of the notepad holder I made.  If you are creating this by hand, make two of these and score where indicated.



This notepad inside here is just a very inexpensive one I picked up at Walmart.  I thought a To Do list would be fun to go with the sentiment of "doing goofy things"!  



By folding back the top cover, the notepad will stand up.



I was wishing I had some thin magnets to hold the flap closed, but I like the wrapped twine.  It's a light tan originally, but I used the chisel end of my E35 Copic to color it to coordinate better.



I hope this inspires you to join in our challenge.  I'd love to see what you do for the Desktop Decor!!  Thank you for stopping by!


Copic markers:
E000, E11, E25, E30, E53, E55, E57, E59
BG13, BG32, BG57, R11, RV21
Y02, Y08, Y11, C0, C1, C3, W1, W5

Supplies:

1 comment:

  1. You sure got over your stump, Carol! This is totally genius in my eyes! First of all, what a fun fun image that old guy is and you've colored him with your usual perfection! Then to have him be the cover of your clever notepad is amazing!! Thank you for taking the time to do the photo tute! Raise your hand, my friend, here's a high five comin' at you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.