Friday, June 7, 2019

Your Friendship is Music To My Ears--Honey Bee Stamps Instagram Hop

Hello friends!  Today is the Honey Bee Stamps Insta-Hop celebrating the new "Ramblin' Man" release!  This release is full of so many wonderful stamps, dies and stencils to make those sometimes challenging masculine cards!

As you can see here, you can still use these new stamps to create a card for that special gal friend!!  This card uses some of my most favorite techniques:  stenciling with embossing paste and ink-resist blending.  So much fun!


To begin, I used one of the four stencils in the Sheet Music Stencil set.  I used Pixie Spray on the back of the stencil.  You just lightly spray the back of the stencil, let it dry for a minute, and then place it onto your cardstock.  When you are done stenciling, it comes right up off your paper without any tearing!  I used a plastic pallet knife to apply the Glossy Black Embossing Paste, then set it aside to dry.  Once it was dry I ink blended Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord Distress Oxide inks over the embossing.  I used a clean, dry towel to remove the excess ink that was on the musical notes.  I love the shine of this black embossing paste!!!


The sentiment is from the Rockstar Sentiments Stamp set and I stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I cut it out with one of the Double Stitched Polygon Honey Cuts.  I trimmed the embossed and stenciled piece down to 4" x 5-¼" and adhered it to an A2 card base.  The die cut sentiment is popped up with foam tape.

I stamped some of the musical notes from the Rockstar Sentiments stamp set using Dusty Concord Oxide ink and then die cut them with the coordinating dies.  I used my Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen to add a touch of sparkle to those notes!


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I always so appreciate it!  Be sure to get over to Instagram to see much more fabulous inspiration!  Also, leave comments as there will be prizes!!  You can click the Instagram link in the left column to get started!

Carol :)

Supplies:
Distress Oxide Inks:  Milled Lavender; Dusty Concord

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.