Monday, June 24, 2019

Watercolor Bicycle, Art Impressions

Happy Monday!  I'm over on the Art Impressions blog today with this sweet card featuring the Watercolor Bicycle Set.


This is the first time I've used this set, so I started out with a scrap piece of watercolor paper to practice my stamping and shading of the bicycle.  I inked up the largest bicycle in the set first with Chocolate, then stamped it off and added Deep Blue.  I stamped it off onto scratch paper again, then stamped it onto my card panel.  I used Ranger Distress Watercolor Cardstock as I really like how bright white it is.  I have all of the watercolor pens listed by brand and number, as well as all the supplies I used at the end of this post.



Here is a list of the steps I took to finish the watercoloring:

  • I lightly pulled the color out of the lines of the stamped image being careful on some of the smaller parts.  (That's when I switched to a No. 2 brush.)  I pulled more out of the two baskets as I wanted them to appear white.
  • I smooshed some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink onto my glass mat and used a No. 2 watercolor brush to color the bicycle.  Go back and add more color for your shading.
  • For the tires and the baskets I mixed some Deep Blue and Chocolate on my mat until it was the shade of gray I wanted.  I used it darker on the tires and a more diluted mix on the baskets.
  • If you have looked at the supply list and wondered why I used all four of the WC Foliage sets, well I didn't plan that!  Haha!  I just had them out and was pulling various stamps to try and there you go.  You can easily do the greenery with one or two sets.  I used a strip of Post-It tape to mask the basket in the back before stamping the foliage in Dark Jade.
  • Next I put some ink from the Sapphire pen onto my mat and mixed in a bit of water for the sky.
  • All the flowers are stamped in Rubine Red.  I used my No. 4 brush to soften.  I used the fine tip of the Brilliant Yellow to add dots of color throughout the flowers.
  • Next I stamped the small grass and pulled out the color.  Then I stamped a few tall grasses and flowers.
  • Don't forget to use a pencil to draw in the spokes on both wheels!



To finish, I cut out the image (make sure it's dry!) with a Rounded Rectangle Double Stitched die.  For the blue layer, I used a pencil and traced around the outside edge of the same die.  I used my trimmer for the straight sides and fussy cut the rounded corners.

I used a 3-D embossing folder and embossed some white paper and cut it down to 4" x 5-¼" and layered it onto the blue top folded A2 card.  The image is popped up with foam tape.  After I stamped the sentiment in Versamark, I added white embossing powder, heat set it, and cut it out with a die from the Tag Stitched Dies set.


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I always appreciate it so much!


Markers:
Marvy:  100 Sapphire, 43 Brilliant Yellow
Tombow: 755 Rubine Red, 177 Dark Jade, 696 Chocolate, 565 Deep Blue

Supplies:
Art Impressions:

Other supplies:
Versamark Clear Embossing ink
Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail White embossing powder
Simon Says Stamp Messages for Everyday

1 comment:

  1. This is a really beautiful card, using your wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.