Thursday, June 27, 2019

Week 2 of Art Impressions Shaker Card Challenge

Hello friends!  I have a card that I made for inspiration for the Shaker Card Challenge over on Art Impressions blog.

For this card, I've used just one of the images from the Tea Party PopCard set.



I stamped the teapot in Copic safe ink and colored it with the Copics listed below.  This set does come with a die to cut it out, however, it cuts some slits in the middle of the pot for using the PopCard mechanism.  I didn't want those slits, so I fussy cut it out.  I was struggling getting inside the handle, so I just used the die and covered just the handle with my die cutter top plate.  Easy!!


I made the shaker portion using a couple of the Oval Doubled Stitched dies.  First I embossed my white card panel (embossing folder retired) and then cut it down to 4" x 5-¼".  I used the smaller oval die to cut the opening in it.  Here's what the back of it looks like after I added the acetate and foam tape.


I added some little round pearls and some thin flat heart sequins.  I then removed the foam tape backing and added another piece of acetate to seal it all up.  I like to do this as it makes placing this onto my card base so much easier!


For the oval frame, I centered two of the oval dies together with some blue tape.  I cut it a few times and glued them together.  To get the coordinating color I used one of the same blue markers I used on the teapot to color it.  I also colored the edges of a 4-¼" x 5-½" card's edges to coordinate.  I stamped the sentiment and die cut it with a die from the Tag Stitched Die set.  The swirly pearls are from my stash (so glad to use them!)


Thank you so much for stopping by!  We hope you will join in the Shaker Card Challenge!!  Stay crafty!


Copic markers:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.