Hello crafty friends! Today I'm sharing an adorable card I made using Rubbernecker Stamps new Bunnies and Flowers set. I think bunnies are so cute and I really like having this set with sentiments that aren't just for Easter! Of course, these cuties would be perfect for an Easter card too!
Creating the card base with the scene layers:
- Using the Slimline Hills die and the Slimline Grass die, cut one grass layer and two hill layers with green cardstock. I highly recommend getting the slimline dies for your scenes--these work for any size card you want to make! Trim the pieces to 4-¼" wide.
- Add some shading to one hill using an ink blender brush and Juniper ink (Color Fuse #11).
- Die cut some green gingham paper with the Slimline Grass die and trim to 4-¼" wide.
- Adhere all four layers with liquid glue, staggering them for your scene. Tip: I only add glue at the bottom and sides to be able to tuck in the die cut images easily.
- Die cut cloud layers with the Slimline Cloud dies. Using the Clouds Stencil, ink the clouds with Beachside (Color Fuse #9) and a blender brush.
- Ink some clouds at the top of an A2 card base (see above photo).
- Glue the more narrow cloud layer near the top of the card base.
- Add foam tape to the back of the large cloud layer and, overlapping the first cloud layer, adhere to the card base.
- Adhere the grass/hill layers with glue.
- Lightly ink the edges of the adhered layers with Juniper ink using a blender brush.
- Stamp the images from the Bunnies and Flower set in black Copic safe ink. Color the images with Copic markers, or medium of your choice.
- Die cut the images with the coordinating Bunnies and Flower set dies.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Bunnies and Flowers set with Versafine Onyx Black ink. Trim it into a rectangle shape and adhere to a black mat layer. Add foam squares to the back.
- Arrange the images by tucking them into the hills and grass layers. I do this first without any adhesive to be able to move them around until I like the arrangement.
- I adhered them all with glue except the top of the flower pot where I put a strip of foam tape to compensate for the layers of the hills and grass.
- To complete the scene, I added a few butterflies from the Small Butterflies Die Cut set that I cut, and then colored, with Copic markers.
These bunnies are so adorable and I had fun creating the little scene for them! Thanks so very much for stopping by! Have a wonderful, crafty week!
Products used in this card:
So sweet and adorable, Carol, and the sentiment is definitely TRUE!ReplyDelete