Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide Ink Blending & Rubbernecker Stamps New Spring Release

 Today we are celebrating Rubbernecker Stamps' awesome new spring release!  There are lots of fun new stamp and die sets in several different styles--check them out here!

I made this card using one of the new release stamps called Bird/Rose Background Strip set.  There are actually two stamps in this set and I'll be sharing another card with the rose stamp soon!

First I inked up a panel of white card stock with the NEW, and beautiful, Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide ink.  I just received my order of the Oxides and Distress inks and sprays and just had to use these on a card!  Be sure the ink is dry before the next step!

Next I used an anti-static powder pouch before stamping the Rose Background Strip stamp with Versamark ink.  I sprinkled on some gold embossing powder and heat set it.  I trimmed the piece to 2-¼" x 5-¼".  I adhered a strip of gold mirror card stock to the right edge and added foam tape to the back.

For the card base, I just sprayed a few squirts of Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide spray across the panel.  When it was dry, I adhered the heat embossed piece to the card base.

I used the You Script w/Shadow die for my sentiment.  The You is die cut four times and the layers are adhered together with glue before adhering it to the gold mirror shadow layer.  I used a sentiment from the Sweetest Sunrise set and partially stamped the "you make my day" (with Versamark) by covering the "you" with tape while inking.  I heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  To finish up, I carefully added a few gold spatters to the card around the sentiment area.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!


1 comment:

  1. Pretty card -- I love the design and your new color is warm and wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.