Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Mini Slimline Friendship Card with New Rose Background Stamp | Rubbernecker Stamps

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a card I made using Rubbernecker Stamps' new Bird/Rose Background stamp set.  This set has two beautiful stamps in it sized perfectly for your mini slimline cards!  I had fun creating my heat embossed/resist card layer--read on!

First I created my card base and layers:

  • Create the mini slime card by scoring a 6" x 6-¼" piece of white cardstock at 3".  Crease with a bone folder.
  • Using my MISTI, I put the Rose Background Strip stamp on the door.  Then I inked up the stamp with inks from the Color Fuse #5 set.  I used a sponge dauber to soften the edges of each ink color in order to blend them more smoothly.  I repeated the colors as needed to create the ombré effect.  Keep the stamp and cardstock in the MISTI!!
  • Next I used my anti-static bag over the piece and then stamped the image again with Versamark clear embossing ink.  I added White Satin Pearl embossing powder and heat set it. 

  • Trim the stamped background piece, leaving about a 1/8" border.
  • Place removable tape along the edges of the white border and place on some scrap paper.
  • Now for the emboss resist!  In a reverse order, using the darkest ink over the lighter  inked roses, add the inks, in an ombré pattern, over the piece.

  • Carefully remove the tape for the beautiful reveal!  (apologies that I forgot to photograph that)
  • Cut a piece of white cardstock to 2-½" x 5-¾" and ink up the edges with Fuchsia ink for a perfectly coordinating mat layer.  Adhere the embossed image to the layer, add foam tape to the back and pop it up onto the card base.
  • Die cut the Hello three times from white cardstock.  Adhere the layers together with glue.
  • Die cut the Hello shadow from black cardstock and then adhere the white Hello layers to it.
  • Die cut the Flower Pot from white cardstock with the Large Garden Pots die.  Color the edges with Copic markers for some shading.  I used C3, C1, and C00.
  • Die cut the Canterbury Bells and Stems from white cardstock.  Color the stems with Copic markers (YG17, YG25).  I love that this is all one die to cut ALL the pieces you need!
  • Using a flower shaping tool, slightly shape the flowers and then adhere to the stems with liquid glue.
  • Glue the flower stems to the back of the flower pot.
  • Die cut one Flower #6 and color with Copic Markers (YG67, YG17, YG25).  Snip it into three pieces and glue in back of the flowers.
  • Add some foam tape to the back of the flower pot and adhere it to the card.
  • Add a few foam squares to the bottom back of the Hello.  Adhere to the card.

Heat embossing over a stamped image and then inking for the emboss resist gives the stamped image such a different look!  I really enjoy this technique too!  Thank you so much for stopping by today!

These are links to the products for my card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.