Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Winter Card with Snowy Background Stenciling | Rubbernecker Stamps

 Hello my friends!  I hope that you have had a wonderful Christmas season so far!  Today I'm sharing a winter card featuring Rubbernecker Stamps Pine Tree Set and the Wavy Stencil.  I think this card could be used for several different occasions such as a thank you, thinking of you, get well--it all depends on what you put on the inside of the card!

First I cut a piece of light blue card stock to 4" x 5-¼".  Then I sprayed the back of the Wavy Stencil with Pixie Spray.  This spray makes using detailed stencils like this one so much easier!  I spread some white Glitz Glitter Gel through the stencil with a pallet knife.  I removed the stencil and immediately washed off the gel.  When the gel was dry, I added the panel to an A2 top-folding card base.  I love to find out-of-the-box ways to use supplies--in my mind these "waves" equaled a blustery, windy, winter day!

Next I stamped and embossed the Pine Trees with Versamark ink and some glitter embossing powder from my stash.  The green glitter embossing powder is from a company no longer in business.  For the white tree I used Shabby White Embossing Enamel by Stampendous.  Be sure to heat set this from behind so the heat tool won't blow it off of the card stock.  I fussy cut the trees out and added foam tape to the back of three trees.

Next I stamped the sentiment from the Pine Trees Set with Versafine Onyx Black ink and fussy cut it out.  I added foam squares to the back.

Then I hand cut two sets of hills from 4" wide card stock.  I adhered them together and added them to the card.  To finish up, I arranged and adhered the sentiment and trees on the card.

Thank you all so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoy the remainder of the holidays!  Stay crafty!

1 comment:

  1. Love your whispy gel background behind your sturdy pines, and that sentiment is wonderful! Very pretty card, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.