Sunday, December 5, 2021

Making a Glittery Background with a Snowflake Stencil | Rubbernecker Stamps

 Today I'm sharing a Christmas card I made using Rubbernecker Stamps new Snowflake Stencil and the Santa Post Card set.  Want to know how I used the stencil to get an "all over" glittery background?  Read on for the details!

Let's create the glitter background:

  • Add an A2 sized piece of double-sided adhesive to an A2 sized piece of white card stock.
  • To keep the Snowflake stencil from sticking way too much, and possibly being ruined, I pounced my anti-static powder pouch heavily on the back of the stencil.  (see photo of steps below)
  • Remove the adhesive backing and lay the stencil on the card.  Press it down, especially the fine detailed pieces of the snowflakes.

  • Add the turquoise microfine glitter to the card.  Microfine glitter works best with this technique.  I used my finger to burnish the glitter to the adhesive.
  • Next, brush off all of the excess glitter.  I used a thick soft brush to sweep a lot of it away.  Also, I keep cut up pieces of Swiffer Dusting cloths handy.  These cloths grab all the stray glitter and helps with the clean up a lot!
  • Now it’s time to remove the stencil.  I used my craft pick tool to hold the card down while I carefully removed the stencil.
  • Sprinkle the Cool Diamond microfine glitter over the card.  Burnish and then sweep away the excess.  Now you have a beautiful, sparkly snowflake background!
  • Trim the panel to 4″ x 5-¼” and adhere to an A2 top-folding card base.

Steps for the image and sentiment:

  • Stamp the Santa on the sled from the Santa Post Card set with Versamark ink.  Add black embossing powder and heat set.
  • Next die cut the Santa with the coordinating die.
  • Add foam tape to the back of the Santa and adhere to the card base.
  • Stamp the sentiment (also in the Santa Post Card set) with Versamark ink.  Add black embossing powder and heat set.
  • Trim the sentiment into a strip, add foam tape to the back, and adhere to the card.

This card was lots of fun to make, and it's a good way to use the glitter in my stash!  Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful week!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.