Thursday, October 29, 2020

Slimline Card with Pretty Poinsettias | Honey Bee Stamps

 Happy Thursday my friends!  Did you see all of the new Holiday Cheer release by Honey Bee Stamps?  It's all so awesome and beautiful!!  I'm using the new Pretty Poinsettias stamps and Honey Cuts along with the Mistletoe Slimline Cover Plate die to create my slimline card.

I started by creating my card base.  Score a 7-½" x 8" card at 3-¾" and fold.  Then I die cut the Mistletoe Slimline Cover Plate three times from 80# Neenah card stock.  I adhered the layers together with the Bee Creative Precision Tip glue and adhered the stack to the card base.  I put some stamp blocks on the card to weight it down while it dried.

While the card was drying, I stamped the poinsettia, berry stems and greenery from the Pretty Poinsettias set in Copic safe ink.  I colored the images with my Copic markers.  For the flower and berries I used R59, RV29, R35, and RV13.  I colored the leaves with G28, G07, G14, and YG05.  Next I die cut them with the coordinating Honey Cuts.

I adhered the branches and leaves with Bee Creative glue and popped up the poinsettia with foam tape.  I stamped the sentiments with Versafine Onyx black ink and die cut them with the coordinating dies.  I love having dies for the sentiments!!  I "needed" (haha!) some sparkle so I added some to the berries and flower center with a Wink of Stella clear sparkle pen.  I also added some Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops to the spots on the background where there would be mistletoe berries.

I love how this turned out and hope I've inspired you today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. absolutely stunning card and love your coloring

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I have yet to try one of these cards. I like the look of them, and thank you for posting the dimensions. Now that I know how to make the card base thanks to you, I think I don't have an excuse anymore not to make one. smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! This is just perfection from one layer to all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.