Sunday, October 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas Blog Hop - October 2020

 Hello friends!  Can you believe it's only two months until Christmas?  It's time for our monthly Keeping Christmas inspirational blog hop to help motivate and inspire you in your Christmas card making.


I've made a trio of slimline cards using Simons Says Stamp's Slimline Scene Builder-Christmas stamp and die set.  This was a stamp set that was released in September and I just had to have it!

I played around with varying ombré shades of inks to create the sky and ended up with three I liked.  For the snowy hill I used a different embossing powder that complimented the ink colors.  For each card I stamped the trees in the same ink colors as the sky.  I embossed the "ornaments" for each cards' trees in the same embossing powder that was used on the snowy hills.

Below the first photo of each card I've listed the products, and their links, used for that card.

I used these Distress Oxides for the sky: Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, and Speckled Egg.  Using blender brushes makes this really easy!  I used WOW Diamond White embossing powder for the hill and ornaments.  (I'm sorry I cannot find a link.  It must be retired.)   I also used this for the sentiment.  I layered these onto some beautiful sparkle paper I had in my stash and then onto a dark blue card base that measures 3-¼" x 8-¼".  As if that's not enough sparkle, I added Honey Bee Stamps Bokeh Lights sequins!  Haha!  I do love all the bling!





This card, and the next, uses some Altenew ink cube sets that I recently ordered.  I LOVE these colors!!
This card is inked with Altenew's ink cube set called Tranquility.  I adhered the pieces to Honey Bee Stamps Slimline Eyelet die cut from glitter paper.  I used WOW Vanilla Sparkle embossing powder for the hill and ornaments.  I added Studio Katia's Sparkling Crystals to the sky.  The sentiment is heat embossed in white embossing powder.  I inked over it with the Nimbus ink cube and then die cut it with a Sentiment Banner die.






My final card is inked up with Altenew's Cool Summer Night ink cube set.  I used WOW White Puff Twinkle embossing powder.  It's hard to see in the photos, but this embossing powder puffs up just a bit when heat set for some fun dimension!  The sentiment is white heat embossed, inked over with Dusk ink and die cut.


These cards were so fun to make and really did not take very long!  I hope I've given you some inspiration for your holiday card making!

Thank you for stopping by and be sure to check out these awesome designers for more inspiration!

Carol Hintermeier << that's me

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carol! Oh my, these are gorgeous! I've never tried a tall, slim card yet, and you've inspired me! You picked and used just the right dies and layout to maximize your amazing creations! I also have the set of Altenew Tranquility colors and love them. The glitter paper and die is like a finely framed masterpiece. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol!! These are GORGEOUS! Your slimline designs really let your beautiful backgrounds shine! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO PRETTY!!! LOVE those slim line dies/cards!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Carol! Sweet slimline, great colors and very fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so gorgeous. I am in love with these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking back at some of your older posts and wondering how I could have missed these beautiful cards. Love the colors and design. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.