Friday, October 30, 2020

Spellbinders FSJ "Sweet As Honey"

 Happy Friday, my friends!  I am so happy to have been invited to help celebrate the launch of Spellbinders/FSJ's Buzzworthy Collection.  I have the Sweet as Honey stamp set and the Sweet Honeycomb stencil and created two cards sweet cards!

I had lots of fun creating this first card with some stamping and masking.  This is a one-layer card and I seriously do not remember ever making one of these ever!  Haha!!

I began with an A2 top folding card base and stamped the main floral image from the Sweet as Honey stamp set.   All of my stamping is done with Copic safe ink.  I also stamped it onto some masking paper and fussy cut it out.  I added the masking paper onto the stamped image and stamped two more leaves.  I also created masks for these leaves.  With my masks in place I used the Sweet Honeycomb stencil and inked it with some Tumbled Glass Oxide.  I took care have the stenciling darker around the flower and have the ink fade out.

Next I colored the images with my Copic markers.  Then I stamped the sentiment, bee and bee trail with black ink.  I had thought to color the bee, but then I decided I liked it a lot without coloring.  I love how this turned out and maybe I will now make more one-layer cards!  :)

-----------------------------------------------

For this next card I used some other stamps in the Sweet as Honey stamp set.   I would recommend using a MISTI or other stamping tool to create the border.


I stamped the solid honeycomb by using my MISTI.  I lined the stamp up along the bottom edge and then shifted it over each time.  It only took three stampings to create this border.  Then I trimmed it to 1" x 3-¾" and layered it over yellow card stock that measured 1-¼" x 3-¾".

Next I cut a yellow layer using the largest Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A Card Creator die.  I cut white card stock with the largest of the A2 Matting Basics B Card Creator die and adhered the two layers together.  I glued these to a top folding A2 card base.  Using my honeycomb strip as a guide, I stamped the two flowers.  On a scrap piece of white card stock I stamped the three bees.  I colored them with my Copic markers and fussy cut the bees.  Once I decided on my arrangement, I stamped the sentiment and adhered the bees with foam tape.

Many thanks to Spellbinders for inviting me to create with this awesome stamp set.  I love it and will be definitely using it more!  Thank you, my friends for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful, and crafty, weekend!

2 comments:

  1. They chose the right person, Carol! Your card designs are beautiful! Although I appreciate the importance of bees, I don't like to be near them. But when it comes to bees and honeycombs on cards, I love them, and these are two of the best I've ever seen! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, and I totally agree with Darnell -- perfect person to make gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.