Thursday, October 15, 2020

Autumn Coffee Shop Card | Honey Bee Stamps

 Happy Thursday friends!  For my card today I used Honey Bee Stamps adorable Coffee Shop House Builder Add-on Stamp set and Honey Cuts.  I've got it all decked out for autumn with pumpkins and fall colors.

I began by die cutting three of the House Builder Card Base Honey Cuts from Neenah 80# card stock.  This set is the very first house builder set and is the base for all of the subsequent add-ons!  Die cut the hinge and adhere two of the pieces together.  I used sentiments from Latte stamp set and stamped them in Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inside the card.

My best advice for this type of card is to get your theme planned and then stamp and/or die cut all of the elements.

I decided on an autumn themed Coffee Shop, so I chose a brick patterned paper from the Autumn Afternoon paper pad.  The papers in this pad are some of my most favorite ever!  I die cut the brick paper with the House Builder base and adhered it to the remaining white card stock house base.  While I had this set out, I die cut the door, steps, tiny flowers, wreath, leafy branches and door handle from white card stock.  I colored them with Copic markers.

All of the other detail elements are die cut from either white or colored card stock and are in the Coffee Shop Add-on.  I used up a lot of scraps this way!  I used Copic markers to color the white pieces.  The pumpkins are from the so cute Itty Bitty Pumpkins Honey Cuts.  Using the Coffee Shop Add-on stamps, I stamped the sign, coffee cups, plants, and images in the window.  Then I colored them with Copic markers and die cut them with the Coordinating Honey Cuts.

You probably notice the muted images in the window, right? I began with a piece of clear acetate for the window.  As I was testing out my arrangement, those images made the card look way too busy.  I had already adhered them to the patterned paper that is the "wall" inside, so Plan B took effect and I added a piece of vellum to the acetate.  Much better now!  I'm a believer that you can just about alway save a card!   After I added all of the elements to the card front, I added foam tape to the back.  I centered up the piece behind the window first, then added it to the assembled card base.

This was SO much fun to make!  Have you tried one of the House Builder sets?  I really love all of them!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

Coffee Shop House Builder Add-on Stamp set & Honey Cuts

House Builder Card Base Honey Cuts

Itty Bitty Pumpkins Honey Cuts

 Latte stamp set

Autumn Afternoon paper pad


2 comments:

  1. So cute! So many neat details. I want to visit that shop...smile...I ama big coffee drinker. (especially now that the weather is getting cooler)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute scene! This is sooo welcoming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.