Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Spotlight Floral Birthday Card | Honey Bee Stamps

 Hello my friends!  I hope your week is going good!  Today I've made a birthday card using Honey Bee Stamps beautiful Harvest Blooms Background stamp.   I've put one of the beautiful flowers from the background stamp into the spotlight!  Read on for the details.

First I chose a piece of coral colored paper from the Autumn Afternoon paper pad.  I inked up the Harvest Blooms Background stamp with Versamark ink and stamped it onto the paper.  I sprinkled on some sparkle embossing powder and heat set it.  I repeated the steps for extra dimension (using my MISTI made this very easy).  I die cut it with the largest die from the Deckle Edge A2 dies.  Next I used a Background Blender Brush and inked up the edges, very lightly, with Simon Says Stamp Coral Reef ink.   I added a piece of foam to the back and adhered it to an A2 card base.

Next I stamped the background stamp onto a piece of Neenah in Copic safe ink.  I colored the flower with these Copic markers: R22, RV42, R11, R000, YG67, YG17, YG25, YG03.  I fussy cut it out and then used  a Tuxedo Black dual marker to go around the edges to give it a more finished look.  I added foam tape to the back and adhered it to the card.

To finish the card, I stamped the greeting from the Buzz stamp set in Versamark onto some black card stock.  I added the same sparkle embossing powder and heat set it.  I die cut it out with a Banner Sentiments dies and added foam squares to the back and adhered it to the card.  I added a few drops of Nuvo Rosewater Jewel Drops on the flower center and on the card basefor a bit more bling.

This is a fun, and quick, way to make a beautiful card!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is stunning, Carol! The colors, the vintage feel, it's all so wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.