Sunday, April 26, 2020

How to Use Layering Stamps with Dies | Rubbernecker Stamps

Hello Rubbernecker friends!  Today I have a bright and cheerful "Just Because" card that's sure to brighten anyone's day!  These beautiful flowers are from the Blossoms In Spring stamp set and the coordinating dies.  I added some dimensional fun with these beautiful Copic colored butterflies from the Brush Butterflies set.  My steps for creating this pretty card are going to be brief, as I hope you will continue reading to learn about using these clear layering stamps in my tips.


Create the card base:
  1. Ink the edges of a 4-¼" x 5-½" white card stock piece with Odyssey ink from Set #7.  I used an ink blending brush to get a smooth blending of the blue ink.
  2. Die cut another piece of white card stock with the largest die from the Nested Rectangle Scallop w/Holes die set.  Adhere it to the inked panel.
  3. Adhere the layered piece to a top-folding A2 card base.

Flowers, leaves, and butterflies:
  1. Ink the flower layers using the included layering guide.  I used Sky, Odyssey and Azure from Set #7.  I always use my MISTI when stamping so I can repeat if necessary.  I used Custard from Set #1 for the flower centers.
  2. Add small drops of Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flower centers and set aside to dry.
  3. Stamp the leaves with ink from Set #11.  I used Fern and Juniper.
  4. Die cut with the coordinating dies.
  5. Stamp the butterflies with Copic-safe ink and color with alcohol markers.
  6. Die cut the butterflies with the coordinating dies.
  7. Adhere the flowers.  The top one with liquid glue, and the bottom flower with foam tape.
  8. Add a small dot of glue to the base of the leaves and tuck under the flowers.
  9. Add a thin line of glue to the center of the butterflies and adhere.
  10. When the glue on the butterflies is dry, bend up the wings slightly for some dimension.
  11. Add sparkle to the butterflies wings with a clear sparkle pen.
I LOVE these dimensional butterflies on the flowers!  This really adds so much interest.


Here are some tips that I hope will be helpful!  Click on the photos for a larger view.


  

These next three photo show a tip on how to be sure you have the outline stamp lined up correctly.  You will need your stamp positioner for this (I use a MISTI).  Line up the outline stamp with the layered image.  Pick up the stamp with the MISTI door.  Lay a piece of acetate over the image, ink up the stamp and stamp onto the acetate.  I can see here that I have it lined up just right!

    

This card has all three of my most favorite colors!  Blue, green and yellow make me happy!


I hope my tips will help you when you use your layering stamps and that you'll be inspired to give them a try!  Thank you for stopping by today and have a wonderful, crafty week!


Shop the supplies by clicking these links:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, beautiful colors! I'm so glad someone is successful at layered stamps, and I'll leave them to you :o) None of mine came with a "guideline" and I've NOT had much success (with any brand).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so Lovely! Again thanks for all the hints. I have only tried to do a layering stamp that I have one time. It was a complete fail! I need to remember your instructions and come back to try again later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.