Sunday, April 12, 2020

Birthday Card with Dimensional Flowers | Rubbernecker Stamps

Hello friends!  I sure hope that today finds you safe and well.  Today I have a cheerful birthday card that I hope will bring a smile to your face!  I love creating dimensional flowers and just look at the size of these flowers made with the beautiful Organic Shapable Daisy Die!



Here are my steps to create the card base:

  1. Die cut two of the Floral Frames.  Adhere them together with liquid glue and let dry. (I didn't think of it before I die cut these, but I wish I had thought to use a sheet of Stick-It to adhere them!  Maybe next time.)
  2. Adhere the Floral Frame die cuts to a top-folding A2 card base.

For the flowers:

  1. Die cut a set of petals for each flower from white, light pink, and pink card stock.
  2. Brush on a bit of pink ink from the Color Fuse Set #5 for shading.  I used a small ink blending brush to do this.  Test the pink shades on scrap pieces to decide which will work best for your particular shade of pink card stock.
  3. Die cut four of the leaves.
  4. Ink some shading onto the leaves with green ink from the Color Fuse Set #11.
  5. Using a ball tipped stylus and a foam mat, press the stylus onto the back of each petal to create a rounded shape.
  6. Flip the petals over and press the stylus into the petal centers.
  7. Adhere the three petal pieces for each flower by adding a dot of glue to the center and stacking one on top of another.
  8. Die cut the flower stamens from yellow card stock.  I used two stamens per flower.
  9. Shape the stamens with a ball stylus by pressing the stylus on the back side first.  Flip it over and press into the center to create a cup shape.
  10. Adhere two stamens for each flower and then glue them to the flower centers.
  11. Add a good sized drop of glue to the center of the flowers and sprinkle in some yellow Mini Prills.
  12. Adhere the flowers to the card base.  I used glue dots for two of them and two stacked 3D foam squares for the middle flower.
  13. Adhere the leaves with liquid glue.  I snipped the branches as needed to fit into the arrangement.



I was having so much fun creating and arranging the flowers onto my card base, I kind of forgot about the sentiment! LOL!  I used a sentiment from the It's Spring Time set and stamped it in black ink.  Then I just fussy cut it and popped it up with thin foam squares.

I think all birthday cards should have a bit of sparkle, so I added some glitter onto the flower petals.  If you have a fine tip on your glue bottle, you can get just a fine line of glue to sprinkle the glitter onto.



I hope this card gives you inspiration to give these shapable dies a try!  Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful week!

Supplies:
Altenew Gradient Cardstock Sets: Red CosmosGreen MeadowsSummer Afternoon

2 comments:

  1. That frame is just STUNNING, and I too forget the double-sided adhesive until it's too late! This is just too pretty, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame is so pretty and so is your floral card. Great design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.