Monday, April 6, 2020

It's A Girl.....& Boy!! | Art Impressions

Happy Monday friends!  Today I have a sweet card using Art Impressions Baby Girl and Baby Boy sets.  Be sure to keep reading to find out how I fixed two pretty big oopsies!  I decided to make a slimline card using the clothes on the line stamps from both sets to make a card to welcome twins!


I created a slimline card base by cutting some Neenah Solar White to 7" x 8-½" and scoring at 3-½".  I positioned both clothesline stamps and stamped them with Copic safe ink.  Next I stenciled the clouds with Distress Inks.  I really didn't want to create masks for all of the little clothes, so I just tried to go lightly with the ink blending brush around them.  I have a tiny blending brush that helped with that too.  I knew my coloring would cover any of the clouds I might get on the clothes.

  

I colored the clothes with the Copic markers listed below.  Then I stamped the sentiments Girl and Boy.  I had thought to color them like translucent balloons, but let me tell you, that was a HUGE fail! Haha!  So I re-stamped them onto scrap paper that I Copic colored in ombre shades of pink and blue. I fussy cut them out then went around the edges with a Memento Tuxedo Black pen to give them a finished look.  Then I adhered them over my "bad" balloons!  I rummaged through my stamp stash to find the ampersand and "It's a" sentiments.

Another BIG goof happened right after I finished coloring the little clothes.  I got up to do something else and when I came back I saw the card sitting ON TOP OF the open Distress Ink pad!!  Gah!  A big blue blob had seeped through to the front!  Hence, the birds.  As it turns out, I love having the birds holding the clotheslines!  Happy accident!

To finish it all off, I used a white gel pen to add doodles to the clothes and highlights on the sentiments.


I hope you've enjoyed my card today and that I've shown you that most times, those oopsies can be fixed!!  Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you have lots of crafty time this week and that you and yours are well and healthy!


Copic markers:
B00, B000, BG01, BG02, C3, C1, C00, E31, E34,
RV00, RV02, RV10, RV13, RV52, RV63,
Y13, Y15, Y18, Y19, YG11, YG13, YG17

Supplies:
Art Impressions:  Baby Boy Set, Baby Girl Set,
Woodland Tree Cubbies (for the birds)
Distress Inks:  Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I love this sweet card -- cute, fun, and perfect -- the birds are fantastic holding the line. What may I ask do you do for an envelope?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.