Thursday, April 2, 2020

Stop and Smell The Flowers | Ai "Bloom Where You're Planted" Challenge Week 2

Hello friends!  It's week two of Art Impressions Bloom Where You're Planted challenge.  For my inspiration card I've used the newly released, and on sale, WC Large Cabin set.  Be sure to check out all of the new release at 20% off and the sale category where some awesome sets are up to 30% off!!


I watercolored this scene the "Art Impressions' way".  I'm not going to go through the "how to" for my card as you will find so much information on Art Impressions' YouTube channel.  All of the watercolor markers I used are Tombow's and the colors I used are in the supply list below along with the other stamp sets I used.  I did use several stamp sets, but it really wasn't necessary as all of the sets are so versatile.

   

I first inked up the cabin in blue and brown and stamped it onto Canson watercolor card stock.  This next photo shows my project in the early stages after I painted color on the roof and added blue to the window panes.  I used the tiny grass for the green part of the flowers in the window boxes.  I used a pencil to very lightly sketch in lines for the hill behind the house and added color to the hill and sky.


When my panel was dry, I used a Rectangle Double Stitched die to cut it out.  I then stamped the sentiment in black ink in the lower right corner.


I really had fun adding all the flowers and blooms in the trees!  I hope you are seeing the beautiful signs of spring where you are and that you are well and safe!  Thank you for stopping by.  I sure hope to see your entry in the Bloom Where You're Planted challenge!


Supplies:
Art Impressions:
4868-WC Flower Set 2 (yellow blooms)
4052-WC Flower Set 1 (window box flowers)
5008-WC Flower Set 3 (purple flowers)
4051-WC Foliage Set 1 (tiny grass)
4867-WC Foliage Set 3 (leaves in tree on left)

055-Process Yellow
177-Dark Jade
493-Reflex Blue
565-Deep Blue
665-Purple
879-Brown
925-Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.