Saturday, April 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas Blog Hop - April 2020

Hello friends!  I can't believe another month has gone by and it's time for our fun blog hop to inspire you to make your Christmas cards!  The complete hop list is at the end of my post.  I hope you will check out each awesome designer as I know you will find a lot of beautiful inspiration along the way!


Last month I made a card with a wreath (click HERE if you missed it) and today I have a slim-line card with a wreath that's totally different!  


Let's get started on the card!  I have all of the supplies, and links, listed below.
  • Create the card base by scoring a 7" x 9-½" piece of Neenah Solar White 80# card stock at 3-½".
  • Use a score board and tool to emboss the lines along each edge of the card base front.
  • Layer a light gray 9" x 3" card stock with a dark gray 8-¾" x 2-¾" with liquid glue and attach to the card base.
  • Emboss a 8-½" x 2-½" strip of white card stock with the Lumber embossing folder.  This strip is longer than the embossing folder, so I just flipped it around and lined it up with the first embossing to emboss the remainder of the strip.
  • Add the embossed piece to the card base.
  • Stamp the Woodgrain Background stamp with gray ink onto white card stock.
  • Die cut the letters N, E and L from the woodgrain piece.  Die cut two more for each letter from white card stock.  Adhere all of these layers together.
  • Die cut the letters again from dark gray card stock and adhere to the other letters slightly offset.
  • Die cut the bow and berries from red card stock.  I used a piece of card stock from my stash.
  • Die cut the wreath base and leaves once from three shades of green card stock.
  • Using a ball-tipped stylus and foam pad, lightly shape the leaves and bow.
  • Build the wreath by adhering with liquid glue leaves around the wreath.  I attached the two larger sizes first and filled in with the smallest leaves.
  • Attach the bow and berries with glue.


I felt like it needed just a bit more, so I used some of the extra leaves and berries to embellish the other letters.


I hope that you are well and that you are finding relief by crafting.  I know I'm so thankful I have this hobby that I love to keep me occupied while we are home.  I always so appreciate your visit to my blog--thank you!  Here's the hop list so be sure to go leave some kindness for these talented ladies!

Vicki Finger (off this month)
Carol Hintermeier << that's me!

Supplies:

8 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! I love every last detail!😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Carol, I could go on and on about all the fabulous elements but wow. I love the instructions too, I know what I am trying today. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card idea, Carol! I have wanted to make an eclipse card and your idea of keeping the same wood-grain background but using a stamp on the letters really makes them stand out more. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, and I love all the woodgrain and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! Love all the texture you added to the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this so much Carol! The wreath for the o is stunning and the gray behind each letter adds so much to an already gorgeous card! Well done! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Carol for telling me where it is!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.